PAIN . any ideas ?

browneyes65
on 6/22/15 9:20 pm - IN

In the last week I have been noticing stabbing pains off and on best guess where is only right side from front right side to back side and the pains are piercing. Never had before. When I walk around or sit and lay down they are there. I go to see Dietition and Surgeon July 6, should I call her, maybe something needs to be checked. Should I go to my PCP?.Does anyone know what it sounds like it could be?

Eggface
on 6/22/15 3:18 pm, edited 6/22/15 3:18 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Not sure how far out you are... I didn't notice a surgery date in your profile. 

I'd call and explain what you are feeling... piercing pain is not something to disregard generally. It could be anything from gas to gallbladder/gallstones (rapid weight loss is sometimes a factor) to kidney stones (dehydration can lead to this early on) so yeah call. 

Hope whatever it is I hope it's easily resolved.

~Shelly

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

browneyes65
on 6/22/15 10:38 pm - IN

17 months out, I will call Dr tomorrow. Thanks

melissasue1982
on 6/23/15 5:43 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I just had to have my gallbladder out, this is how my pains started!  You should call your surgeons office and see what they say!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

giggles2012
on 6/23/15 8:01 am

I had a similar pain myself just 5 weeks out of surgery they thought it was a kidney stone but it turned out to to be severe constipation so I had to re start on the Myralax . I hope this was a help Good Luck