My update. Nearly 2 years post op

Louy
on 7/20/15 7:03 am
RNY on 08/12/13

Hi everyone. It's been nearly 2 years since my op. Iv lost 72kg. I feel a lot better mentally and physically. However the last few months has been really had. Trying to keep positive as the reason I gained the weight in the first place was depression. I need to vent so I hope you all don't mind me posting my worries here today.  Well most of my friends have turned into nasty jealous women ( I don't have a lot of friends anymore) and iv been in and out of hospital like a yo-yo. Nothing rny related but the last time I was admitted the 5 doctors that were working on me, told me I had cancer.   After 10 days in hospital and surgery booked they changed there mind and told me it was glandular fever. Then I got home to a sick pony., after weeks of treatment , tears and all my saving spent on vet bills ..... She died in front of me last Monday morning. I won't go into that. 

now that I have got that off my chest I will share the great things that have happened.  

I got to my doctors goal weight of 90kg (from 131.2) I then got to my dietitians goal weight of 85kg..  

Then I got down to 62kg. My doctor can't beleave it and my dietitian is frecking out. I can now buy clothes from normal shops, I actually wore a bikini on a cruise ship, and most of my hair is growing back. Lol. 

Here are some before and after photos. I hope they work, I'm not that good with an iPad  

ladygodiva1228
on 7/20/15 7:17 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I'm so sorry about the loss of your pony.  I have had horses/ponies my entire life and know how hard it is to lose them. 

You look amazing.  Keep up the great work.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Patm
on 7/20/15 8:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry for your loss. However you are looking fantastic. Keep up the great work

tnysgrl27
on 7/20/15 8:37 am

you look amazing!!! your attitude is amazing!!! and you will have amazing friends!!! Thank you for sharing!!! :) 

SkinnyScientist
on 7/20/15 8:41 am

I am sorry for the loss of your Arabian. There is so much quiet strength & acceptance in our Equine companions. It must be really hard to lose that. :(  She was a beautiful horse!  Such an inky black coat color!

I am sorry that your friends have turned into Frienemies. I have experienced it to some degree too.  All I can say is make like taylor swift "The haters are going to hate, hate hate...shake it off. Shake it off"

Hopefully you can make more new friends soon. Keep doing what you are doing, keep your head held high, continue to be kind and helpful and "putting your best foot forward" to the world and pursuing your dreams and others pursuing THEIR dreams will gravitate to you.  Also, dont eat from boredom, loneliness or depression. THAT will put you back to where you WERE. You dont want to go back there.  

Congrats on making it to a new weight!  Doesnt it feel good when the nutrionists freak out with happiness?  My hormonal disorder is freaking out again, as a result I am freaking out, and my NUT is like "SkinnyScientist, you KNOW what to do. You got this. You have been doing really well and you will continue to do really well."

I am really glad you dont have cancer.  

Here is to your improved health, happiness, and new friendships to come!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Louy
on 7/21/15 5:02 am
RNY on 08/12/13

I love this reply. Thank you skinny scientist. Frienemies, lol. That's exactly right.  

SkinnyScientist
on 7/21/15 5:16 am

If you live in the DMV area, we could totally hang.  ARe you anywhere in the area?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

kaniky
on 7/20/15 8:54 am
RNY on 05/18/15

I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles.  I struggle with depression too.  You should be very proud of your accomplishments!

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

Karen R.
on 7/20/15 3:47 pm - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

WOW!!!! You look great, you really should be proud of yourself.  I am impressed.

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Cheddar555
on 7/20/15 2:30 pm - Cedar Hill, TX

Wow sorry for your loss. You look amazing and hopefully the hard work will keep you encouraged. Stay positive

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views