going to amusement parks

cheapskate
on 8/3/15 4:01 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

is there a size/weight SOMETHING that will tell me when I will fit into rides? I might even now, my eyes are DEFINITELY seeing me bigger than my stomach.

That being said, I dont want to chance it because it is a flight and a great deal of costs. Wanting to hit harry potter with my daughter for her 17th....

kerbear1969
on 8/3/15 4:06 pm - MD

You will fit fine on Harry Potter I was 260 and size 58 hips I squeezed in!

kerbear1969
on 8/3/15 4:29 pm - MD

Oh and don't miss Harry Potter worth the hour or so wait BEST ride in the park!

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

cheapskate
on 8/3/15 8:30 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

thank you!!! I will be looking at flights this weekend! We are totally HP geeks!

Jaime M.
on 8/3/15 9:55 pm
RNY on 08/31/15

This is one of the first and foremost reasons I'm doing my surgery.  My son is 17 months old now and I want to be able to do all the amusement parks with him.  Disney, Legoland, Harry Potter, Six Flags, etc.  HAVE FUN

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/4/15 7:12 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Are you going to Universal in Florida -- because we just went last month and it was SO WORTH IT.

Okay, as far as the size thing -- I really understand how you feel as that used to be a big issue with me.  If it helps, I saw several women who were morbidly obese riding it -- it's definitely not an unfriendly sized ride.  If you are under a size 26/28, I think you would be fine.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

mute
on 8/4/15 10:06 am
RNY on 03/23/15

This is one NSV I cannot WAIT FOR!!!! I live in Ohio and going to Cedar Point is something I miss dearly and I am a HUGE HP fanatic and want to go so badly. I am definitely going to Cedar Point next year because I will fit in those rides :) And DH and I aren't big on crowds but I think I can convince him to go to FL for Harry Potter, I've been wanting to go so badly. I think that is something I'm going to save up for and ask to do for an anniversary.

Have fun when you go, I totally understand you wanting to do it! I don't think there is a size to look for to fit but good luck!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/4/15 8:41 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I live in Ohio, too -- and I have done both Cedar Point and HP at Universal this year.  I think that's a wonderful anniversary idea!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Felicity Q.
on 8/4/15 10:24 am
DS on 09/28/15

Amusement Parks.  That triggers some awful memories of going during high school with my friends and having to 'sit this one out' because I couldn't fit. It was so mortifying.  I loved the rides too, and haven't been in 10+ years knowing that I *could* be turned away from a ride.  I can't wait to go back and strut up to a ride and have no fear about fitting.  You can do it too!  We all just require pictures so we can celebrate this NSV with you!!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

InTransition
on 8/4/15 2:22 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

I actually rode a roller coaster for the first time in 20 years last month.  I hated it just as much as I used to!  That said, I was able to ride every ride my daughter was interested in.  Most had a weight limit posted, somewhere around 250.  The only place i really worried about it was the water park slides because we were riding together, and some said there was a max weight below that.  There were a couple of rides I felt a little squished in, but could ride most comfortably.  

Ignore my tracker...i am now about 230 and a size 18/20.  Last month was more like 240.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views