feeling a bit awesome tonight

karin602
on 9/20/15 5:17 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I have been divorced for many years. Part of our problems stemmed from my insecurities with my weight. His attitude and behaviors didn't do anything to help my self esteem either. So for a long time now I never even thought about dating. I finally decided to give it a try. I started talking to someone and met him today. A nice gentleman. Don't know where it might lead but he asked if we could see each other again. I have agreed. Driving back from meeting him I realized that I am a person worthy. Even before size four I was the same person but lacking in confidence. Glad to have it now but do wish I could have been able to tell the size 26 woman she was great and worthy of a man's love. 

Ps dont know how much datinghas changed but he was a gentleman and was happy with some hand holding a couple of long hugs and a few kisses. 

Karin

heather0213
on 9/20/15 5:20 pm

Good for you!  So happy to hear this!  Enjoy this good feeling!  He sounds like a gentleman to me!

selhard
on 9/20/15 9:01 pm, edited 9/21/15 12:52 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Love is a powerful and risky thing.  Your past experience sounds like you know to proceed with caution having your best interests taking center stage no matter how tempting and easy it is to do the opposite.  Hey, and you have an updated gut system to help determine if he's worthy of your love!

uscgraawl
on 9/21/15 3:28 pm
RNY on 07/31/15

Yes you are worthy! I am glad that you got to have a good time and have someone show you just how awesome you are. You are beautiful at any size. Nice to hear that he was a gentleman. I think people rush things some times. It's nice to just have a few cuddles and a kiss.

HW: 273 GW: 130 RNY - July 31, 2015 M1: 28 LBS M2: 11 LBS

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 430 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 305 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?