Pain, stomach shut down can't eat!

Tonya S.
on 10/20/15 2:17 pm

I'm 5 yrs post open. Recently started a green smoothie cleanse. I've gain 40 of my 110 lbs back and wanted a jump start.

I'm wondering if this happens to you? Let me describe... when I take certain meds, Percocet or Imodium my entire go tract revolts. I'm having can't get off the floor, wild eyed, can't talk pain. This pain lasts hours, but the effects and more tolerable pain lasts days. I can't even make saliva or swallow. It is truly the most pain I've ever had.

I got constipated on this cleanse, and even after that is resolved my stomach is tender to touch. When I try to eat the smallest thing, I'm in agony and my heart rate doubles.

What is this called, how do you make it go away?

" You will be safe in his arms, the hands that hold the world are holding your heart"
White Dove
on 10/20/15 2:35 pm - Warren, OH

What you are describing is not normal and is alarming. Please see a doctor as soon as possible.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 10/20/15 3:00 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 20, 2015 at 9:17 PM Pacific Time, Tonya S. wrote:

I'm 5 yrs post open. Recently started a green smoothie cleanse. I've gain 40 of my 110 lbs back and wanted a jump start.

I'm wondering if this happens to you? Let me describe... when I take certain meds, Percocet or Imodium my entire go tract revolts. I'm having can't get off the floor, wild eyed, can't talk pain. This pain lasts hours, but the effects and more tolerable pain lasts days. I can't even make saliva or swallow. It is truly the most pain I've ever had.

I got constipated on this cleanse, and even after that is resolved my stomach is tender to touch. When I try to eat the smallest thing, I'm in agony and my heart rate doubles.

What is this called, how do you make it go away?

don't do green cleanses,they are just a fad diet anyway.

rocky513
on 10/20/15 3:26 pm - WI

Your body is "self cleaning". The cleanses are a waste of time and money. Getting constipated on a "cleanse" should be your first clue that it's not worth doing. Shouldn't a "cleanse" clean you out?

Your other symptoms are NOT NORMAL and sound like a SERIOUS complication. You should not be trying to diagnose yourself and treat with a cleanse or over the counter drugs. Call your doctor ASAP. You could be developing a bowel obstruction.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?