Fibromyalgia

browneyes65
on 12/9/15 5:04 pm - IN

I went to see a Rheumatologist today because for many years I have had tenderness all over my body and my neck and shoulders ache. The Doctor pushed on some pressure points and said I have Fibromyalgia. I told the Doctor that right now I can do without meds until it gets worse.  I was told to do some exercising and use heating pad for now that it might help. I finally know after years of wondering why it hurt so much when someone pushed on my skin and the aches. I hope I can manage without pain medication, right now I can.

crazy4birds
on 12/9/15 6:17 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

I too have this.  I was diagnosed years ago.  I do not take anything for pain. I have tried everything short of narcotics, which the docs around here don't usually prescribe.  I know some that do take them, my niece being one of them.  My sister and my niece also use medical marijuana. Since it's iffy in this state and my husband is retired law enforcement who works part time for the DA's office I steer clear of that. I'm not sure I would use it anyway because I like to function on all cylinders.  I have found that if I take codeine when I throw my back out or have surgery it usually doesn't touch the fibro pain anyway.  I am on disability  and not working out of the home significantly reduced my fatigue.  I keep busy with my numerous grandkids and pets since they say staying active helps.  Sorry you have to deal with this but I'm sure you are relieved to finally get a diagnosis.

browneyes65
on 12/9/15 6:46 pm - IN

I really am, for years I never really thought I had a medical problem i thought I was just weak. As years went by I started to have more aches and pains and thought, this is not normal. I know some people have to take Meds to deal with pain but for me I don't right now. My shoulders and neck are more bothersome because they ache but I can deal with it for now without Meds. I can get Medication if I want it but I don't need it now.Hope you are doing well. Take care and have fun with grandkids.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/10/15 3:49 am, edited 12/9/15 7:50 pm

There is a link between fibromyalgia and SIBO.. 

There are a lot of studies. Maybe check this and take it to your doc...unfortunately a lot of docs are not aware of that. 

.http://m.ard.bmj.com/content/63/4/450.full

https://www.google.com/search?q=ibromyalgia+and+SOiBO&oq=ibr omyalgia+and+SOiBO&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.1176j0j4&client=table t-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

naenae_68
on 12/15/15 8:50 am

I am sorry, but what is SIBO?

Most Active
Recent Topics