stomach soreness

cajunlady1958
on 1/12/16 10:16 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I had surgery on 12/30/15. My stomach still feels like someone kicked me in the stomach a couple hundred times. Any ideas as to when this pain will go away?

I don't remember having this much pain when I had my sleeve in 2012, I welcome any suggestions and any help since I am a newbie again.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

White Dove
on 1/12/16 2:12 pm - Warren, OH

This does not sound normal.  Contact your surgeon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Brownfeather
on 1/12/16 8:03 pm

I had abdominal pain after my RNY surgery. I bought an abdominal belt at Walgreens which helped. I wore it day and night. It really helped me to be more mobile.  You use your abdominal muscles to sit, to stand, to lie down, to get up out of bed.

RNY AUGUST 31.2015, 5'1" HW=272, SW=243,CW=163

ceigler9285
on 1/12/16 8:10 pm
RNY on 12/29/15

I had surgery the day before you on 12/29/15. I too have moderate to severe left sided pain, abdominal pain. My surgeon has told me that this could be due to the closing up of my abdominal wall to prevent a hernia. Apparently this is a newer procedure surgeons are doing b/c so many patients were getting hernias after RNY. At this point, I'm thinking a hernia might be better! Very frustrating when no one can see the pain you're going through. Is your pain all of the time? Is it worse with any certain movements? Mine is much worse when I bend over towards the left side. No one else that I'm reading blogs on, has experienced our type of pain. Lucky them! Let me know if you find out any answers to your pain. Hoping your pain goes away soon. My surgeon keeps tell me it should resolve around 2 wks, which would have been today. Still waiting!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views