OMG this is unreal!

fluffyfrog
on 3/8/16 8:06 am - FL
RNY on 12/15/15

I am currently at 188lbs. My starting weight on 12/1/15, which is when I started my pre-op diet was 245lbs. I am truly amazed at how quickly the weight is coming off. I have never in my life lost 57 lbs in just over 3 months!!! I was wearing a size 22 the day of surgery. Yesterday I went shopping for new work pants. I ended up getting 2 size 14 pants!! This is just blowing my mind!!

I can also say that I have so much more energy now. This past weekend my brother and I cut down a tree in my back yard to make way for a porch/ patio that I will soon have built on the back of my home. Before surgery I would not have been able to do 1/3 of the work I did this weekend. I love getting my life back!!

I am also starting to think about dating again. Pre-surgery I would tell everyone that I was not interested in dating because I am happy being by myself! That is true to an extent, but now with the added self confidence I am gaining, I am wondering if I should put myself back out there to try and find a companion.

This is truly a life changing experience!

5'6", HW 250, Start weight 245, SW229, CW 157, GW 150

White Dove
on 3/8/16 8:45 am - Warren, OH

Sure go for the dating again.  I have done a lot of online dating. 

Put a few nice pictures out there.  One that shows you smiling and full body that shows your new figure.  Do not include pets or other people in the pictures. 

Waste very little time with men who don't want to meet in person.  That means they are lying about something.  They might be married, incarcerated, or looking for money.  I do not share my name, address or phone numbers.  I take their number and call them after blocking my own caller id information.  If they can't meet in person within a week or two then I just block them.

I always meet in a public place and only for coffee.  Sitting through a full meal is torture when you know right away that you don't like him in person.  I want a opportunity for a quick get-away.

Don't discuss your surgery or your weight loss until you are comfortable that the relationship will last.  Keep it light and fun.  Always let someone know where you are and who you are meeting.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

fluffyfrog
on 3/8/16 9:09 am - FL
RNY on 12/15/15

Thank you for  the advice WD. I have done plenty of online dating in the past! Unfortunately you learn REAL quick who the creeps are!

It's hard to get back in the dating game later in life! Or maybe I'm just set in my ways!

5'6", HW 250, Start weight 245, SW229, CW 157, GW 150

tonya2741
on 3/8/16 10:31 am

Thanks for sharing, White Dove. Did you use any particular online dating site? I'm interested in dating again, too. It's been so long, it's difficult to even type the words without getting nervous. haha

HW: 246; VGS: 11/23/15 Dr. Joel Sebastien; SW: 226; GW: 130; CW: 166  

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Karen Lamb 

White Dove
on 3/8/16 11:15 am - Warren, OH

POF Plenty of Fish is free.  That is all I use.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

tonya2741
on 3/8/16 11:37 am

Thanks so much! I appreciate you sharing the site. Have a great day!

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

tonya2741
on 3/11/16 8:06 am

UPDATE: It took me this long to finally sign up for Plenty of Fish. Can I tell you how freaking nervous I am? Holy moly! Now I'm afraid to even reply to the messages I'm getting! What's wrong with me?!?! haha It's just a message! They can't see me or anything! It's absolutely crazy and ridiculous how this has a million butterflies dancing inside me. Wish me luck! I hope I don't have a nervous breakdown before it's all said and done!

supershopper
on 3/8/16 9:20 am

yay- I'm also loving this extra energy!

I ran 1.75 miles yesterday~

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/8/16 9:27 am

I waited until I was close to my goal... app 8-9 months post op...

Not only I felt more confident- but I also had more energy and was able to deal with my changing body...

I also was able to enjoy a small meal when out... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views