Upset stomach and pain after eating?

Stempel
on 4/4/16 4:50 pm
RNY on 02/29/16

6 weeks out from surgery. Every time I eat I get very uncomfortable and upset stomach. My Dr put me on Reglan and prilosec.  The Reglan is helping buy the prilosec makes me gag when I swallow it. 

Has anyone else had this issue and not how long did it take to get better? I don't want to have to take meds to be able to eat for the rest of my life. 

Thanks!!!

35 yrs HW 257 CW 224. Surgery date 2/29/16 with Dr. Jeffery Baker

Maria27
on 4/4/16 8:06 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

What types of things and how much are you eating? People might better be able to answer you if you provide what a typical day's menu looks like for you. 

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

RNY on 12/22/14

like maria said - give more details.  i had to increase wait time between eating and drinking to 90 mins.  but the chewing chewing chewing helped. at 6 weeks  i was primarily eating soft poached fish or nuked cottage cheese with a spoonful of spag sauce - my version of lasagna.

my sister in law gave me the general rule:: your insides take twice as long to heal as your outsides.  so the inside inscisions take twice as long to heal as the ones you can see.  

do not rush to judgment on the meds for the rest of your life - you are still in major healing mode, and for your body may need to make some adjustments that will help.  if you provide more details, you will get more specific advice.

Sharon

Stempel
on 4/5/16 8:12 am
RNY on 02/29/16

I'm eating soft foods still.  Mostly eggs, tuna, cottage cheese, cheese(very little), deli lunch meat, some chicken.

I chew everything very well. And don't drink during meals at all.

Hopefully that helps???

35 yrs HW 257 CW 224. Surgery date 2/29/16 with Dr. Jeffery Baker

RNY on 12/22/14

do you hurt after everything you eat, all the time, even after breakfast.  Are you measuring - 2 oz maybe to try? 

Sharon

catwoman7
on 4/5/16 9:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Keep your eye on that.  If the antacids don't work, talk to your surgeon again.  It's possible that you're starting to develop a stricture.  The time frame is about right (I had one at four weeks and another at eight weeks)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 296 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 467 views