marriage and wls?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/6/16 1:13 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

The inverse and the converse of a conditional are logically equivalent to each other, just as the conditional and its contrapositive are logically equivalent to each other. But the inverse of a conditional is not inferable from the conditional.

(Source)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

chulbert
on 4/6/16 1:29 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

The inverse AND the converse combined are the contrapositive, which must also be true. 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/6/16 6:37 pm

I love it when you bring the logic.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/6/16 1:57 pm

a... i see that.. what you call marriage and relationship - i see as "friendship" even FWB. What you describe is "marriage of convenience - we are together until one of us gets bored with each other..." That relationship was based on assumptions people don't change...

Good marriage that supports each person, their interests and goals doe not ends when one person decides to take other interests...unless other interests involve having sex outside of marriage. 

O know lots of married good marriages that partners have different hobbies... interests. But they have a strong bond between them - that is good marriage. 

what if one partner becomes sick and no longer can do "things together" with the spouse? Based on your explanation - he/she should leave, because the "marriage" no longer fits its purpose of "doing things together... that, my friend - is a crappy marriage... and was crappy from the beginning...  

"i love you and I am with you until you change or don't change..."

I love you until you get sick

I love you until I lose weight and you don't

and so on... 

I was married and I got divorced. We had good days and bad days... more good than bad.. but it wasn't a good marriage...  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

chulbert
on 4/6/16 4:58 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I'm not in the business of defining marriage for other people.  I think that's between the two people involved. 

capablek8
on 5/22/17 10:22 am

Why?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/5/16 4:32 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I have always had a strong marriage.  My husband is definitely my best friend.  He is a naturally thin person without eating issues... but he has his own issues (like we all do).  He actually discouraged me from having WLS -- because he was absolutely terrified that I was going to die.

Long story short -- WLS has improved and already strong marriage.  He readily admits that he was wrong to try to discourage me -- and that it is really wonderful for him that I can join him in physical activities I was limited from before.  I definitely feel even closer with him now.

I think that WLS makes weak marriages crumble and strong marriages strengthen.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

chinababies
on 4/5/16 9:43 pm

I was one of the ones whose marriage ended after 17 yrs. if I had had a good marriage it wouldn't have happened. With the weight loss I gained so much confidence and could leave. If there hadn't been problems it woulda been fine. I then found a great man and remarried a couple yrs later.

The Salty Hag
on 4/6/16 4:21 am
RNY on 05/20/13

My hubby has been nothing but supportive of me in my weight loss journey. We're a relatively new couple compared to some; we've been together for 6.5 years and married for a little over 4. I was MO when we met and married. He loved me as a MO woman, and he loves me now.  We've had a LOT of stress heaped upon us for our entire relationship due in part to issues with our exes, but we've always worked as a team to keep the issues from causing problems in our relationship.

I never gave the divorce statistic much thought because I knew it didn't apply to me. We both knew that my being thin wouldn't cause any strain on our marriage, and it truly hasn't. I'm still the same goofy dork I was before I lost the weight...haha.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Han Shot First
on 4/6/16 9:36 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I am one of the fortunate ones who have had my marriage strengthened by my WLS.  It caused a healthy change for my whole family.  

If you are very happily married, you should be fine.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Most Active
Recent Topics