Favorite gut suckers

CathyV
on 11/12/16 7:12 pm

I tried on a bunch of smaller clothes today that I had stashed away. Many fit! For a few things, they fit but were...less than flattering. Things are already getting, well...loose. Any recommendations for shape wear? 

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/16 7:49 pm

You're gonna hate me for saying this ... But sit ups work so does swimming especially for the back/ love handle inner thigh areas . " shape wear " is so uncomfortable ... 

NYMom222
on 11/12/16 8:32 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

For something that shapes and smooths without being a heavy duty girdle I like the ones from Soma. Very light and go to midthigh.... they do make a difference.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

selhard
on 11/13/16 4:17 am, edited 11/13/16 12:28 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Assuming shape wear had improved since purchasing any in the 1980's, I find them every bit as miserable.  Thus, recommending to buy pants with a built-in tummy panel instead.  However, I did find an underwire bra, Playtex #4422, a bearable-to-wear wired bra. (edited to add this style can be found on sale frequently at JCPenney)

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/13/16 6:35 am

Fyi - if I need a comfortable shape wear - some of the older brands (and cheaper) I buy in 1-3 sizes bigger. They smooth enough without making me fill like a meat stuffed in a casing and are comfortable enough to wear all day. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/13/16 6:38 am

I would not buy things too snug or too expensive. Too snag - you would wear it once and hate it. 

And your size and shape is changing - so anything you buy today - may be not useful 1 or 2 months from now. 

Save that money for when you are at goal...or spend it on good exercise - walking shoes. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

The Salty Hag
on 11/13/16 8:47 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I bought Flexees. They're priced nicely and easy to find. I found some at Kohl's and at Wal-Mart. They have all sorts of styles and "stengths" of support. 

Like Hala suggested, buy them 2 or 3 sizes larger than you are wearing now. ( They use undie sizes. I wear a 6, bought 8 and 9. ) Buying them a little bigger ensures smoothing out and support while allowing you to still be able to breathe. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/16 10:25 am - CA

I bought lipo in a box when I was at goal and needed something.  I also wore it because of my hernia was large.  I love it, holds up well - I've had it for 9+ years.  Reasonably priced and different styles for whatever your neednis.  

karenp8
on 11/13/16 10:54 am - Brighton, IL

I too use Flexees from Walmart. They are reasonably priced and come in different styles. I use the camisole styles aND they are comfortable.