Possible problem!

Terri70
on 3/21/17 10:06 am

Day #7! It's been a full week since I smoked last! It's been a little hard from time to time, but all in all it's not been major. I also had my 11th monthly health education program phone call today with my insurance. My graduation date from the program and last phone call will be May 1. I remember in the beginning of looking into bariatric surgery I thought the year would never get here. lol I'm excited but nervous cause the program psychologist is giving me grief for stopping my appetite suppressant and gaining the 10 lbs back. He could hold everything up. Grrrrr So needless to say I'm back on the Saxenda. I'll have my last appt with him sometime in May and my major hope is to get approval from the surgeon AND my insurance in time to get the surgery no later than June 30th. My insurance roll over date is July 1 and my copays, deductible and out of pocket will start all over. If I have it before June 30th then I won't have to pay anything for my part. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed for me.

Caroljo4444
on 3/21/17 10:38 am

Prayers sent and congrats on not smoking AND for how close you are to success!!! GET those 10 lbs off, you got this, May is just around the corner! Good luck and keep us updated!

Carol

Banded 12/2006 - Revision to RNY 9/26/2016

HW 262 - SW 235 - CW 134

Patty R.
on 3/21/17 11:24 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Congrats on the week of no cigarettes!!

As long as you have all the pre-op necessities done, be open with your surgeon and/or scheduler. Tell them about the deductibles etc.; a lot of times they will do what they can to help out!

Continued success!!

Doxie-mom
on 3/21/17 12:36 pm
RNY on 03/13/17

Congrats on your week of being smoke free...that is awesome.

I am not a vet and am only beginning this journey myself, and I don't know anything about you or your cir****tances, but I wonder how ready you are for surgery.

Let me start by saying I know everyone is different. I had a six month insurance wait / diet requirement. In that six months I was able to lose 85 pounds. My surgeon said I needed to lose 37 pounds, 10 percent of my body weight before he would do surgery. Three days out of all those days I " blew my diet", otherwise I stuck to it.

This is why I am wondering if your ready.

From what I understand in your post in the last year you have only lost 10 pounds and have regained those same 10 pounds.

You just decided to just quit taking the appetite suppressants you were prescribed, when they were apparently helping as you did lose 10 pounds.

For weight loss surgery to work you have to stick to a diet, although that diet may change some during the maintenance phase, it is still something that has to be done forever if you want to truly be successful.

Since you posted in the RNY forum I assume your going to be having that type of WLS. With this surgery you will have to take vitamins for the rest of your life, you can not just decide you don't want to take them anymore.

I am sorry if you feel I have overstepped. I just think that I would probably not have been this successful if I had attempted to do this 10 or 15 years ago. I don't think I would have been ready.

Just please make sure you are really ready. I know your deductible is paid but that shouldn't be the complete deciding factor in when you have your surgery done.

I wish you the best of luck!!

Tammy

HW: (9/28/16) 369.8 / SW: (3/13/17) 285 / CW: 162.8

Pre-op loss (6 1/2 Months) - 84.8 pounds

M1 - 17.2, M2 - 17.2, M3 - 13.4, M4 - 15.4, M5 - 13.8, M6 - 13.6, M7 - 10.8, M8 - 9.6, M9 - 5.0, M10 - 2.4, M11 - 3.8

Terri70
on 3/21/17 12:56 pm

Thanks for the worry, but I really am ready. I have always taken all of my meds except this one (Saxenda). And that to be honest was just laziness. I've been trying to quit smoking for going on 6 mos and with that is where I gained the 10 lbs. The Saxenda helped a little but it was more diet than the meds. (everyone gains weight from quitting smoking or at least from my understanding). I've currently been doing whatever is necessary to curb the snacking when I'm craving a cig and am back on the Saxenda. I'm one of the ones that no matter what I've tried I can't lose weight. I feel like these 10 lbs were a fluke lol But regardless, 10 lbs in 6 mos is not horrible and nothing to make me feel like I'm not ready. I'm more than ready!

Doxie-mom
on 3/21/17 1:25 pm
RNY on 03/13/17

Thank you for reading my post the way I meant for it to be taken. I almost didn't post it at all because I thought it may be taken in the wrong way. I am glad that you know you are ready.

I totally understand the gaining weight while trying to quit smoking. I quit smoking last May and I too gained weight. I used sunflower seeds when I quit, especially in the car. I commute 36 miles to work and that was the worst for me. Then I had to wean myself of sunflower seeds.

Good luck with this last part of the first phase of your weight loss journey. Hope everything gets settled and you get a date soon.

Tammy

HW: (9/28/16) 369.8 / SW: (3/13/17) 285 / CW: 162.8

Pre-op loss (6 1/2 Months) - 84.8 pounds

M1 - 17.2, M2 - 17.2, M3 - 13.4, M4 - 15.4, M5 - 13.8, M6 - 13.6, M7 - 10.8, M8 - 9.6, M9 - 5.0, M10 - 2.4, M11 - 3.8

Terri70
on 3/21/17 5:09 pm

Now unless it's lying to me, my scale says I'm down 5 lbs since last Thursday. Yay! Keeping on going.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics