Help 4 Years Out Gastric Bypass! Never Worked Out Before

Leeann LeBlanc
on 3/21/17 4:11 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Hello my name is Leeann, I'm 31 years old and had gastric bypass 4 years ago this coming May 2017, ive lost 136 lbs as of today, my heaviest weight was 286 lbs. I got very lucky that my weight we pre portioned very well throughout my body so there is not loads of lose skin which is a plus! So I'm down 136 lbs and need help as I want to become a gastric bypass health, nutrition, and fitness know it all so to speak and right now ive forgotten a lot of the things I once learned as a newbie to gastric bypass. So I'm starting out on a new journey need help with all aspects of gastric bypass all and any help is much needed and appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Leeann

[email protected]

Orientation: FEBRUARY 25,2013, Surgeon Appointment; MARCH 6, 2013, Registered Dietitian (RD): APRIL 24, 2013, Social Worker (SW): APRIL 24,2013, Nurse Clinician (RN): APRIL 24, 2013, Internal Medicine: APRIL 24, 2013, Surgeon Appointment: MAY 13,2013,                         

Renee C.
on 3/21/17 6:45 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

Reading on here is a great way to start. Check out the articles and follow the forums.

Also check out ASBMS (American Society for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery) -- tons of great info on there!

Congrats on losing 136 lbs! I'm sure that was a lot of work!

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

BETH6536
on 3/22/17 1:00 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 04/19/17

I am having surgery in about 3 weeks and honestly I have learned far more just reading peoples posts here than I have Googling for info. I have not received much information from my insurance provider/doctor and certainly nothing on what to do afterwards....how to be successful. My doctor just keeps saying he gets pissed off when people gain weight back. I get it. Some people need lectures. I don't. I need facts. A plan. I already work out 4 times a week and it is now a lifestyle for me. I eat well and track my intake but I know it will be different after surgery. I will face that challenge as it comes and mold it to my new healthy lifestyle as well.

I can't stress enough how much I learn by just hanging back and reading what people post. I don't have much to post since I haven't had surgery yet. Maybe in a few months.

BUT....

What is not helpful? My co-workers who say, "I see you're eating rice and beans. You know you can't eat that after your surgery?", "You know you can't have gum?", " You know you can't have diet coke after surgery?", "You drink too much water, you know you can't drink that much water after surgery?", " Can I have your uniforms when you get thin?" ..... I just smile because they have not had the surgery and I already read what people who have had the surgery say about what they can and can't have.

How will my co-workers help me in the next year? Watching what I'm eating.

How will my co-workers not help me in the next year? Watching what I'm eating.

I'm ready to get this show on the road....

RNY surgery date 4-19-17

HW: 280 Surgery Weight: 262 CW: 165

(M1) 23 (M2) 8 (M3) 11 (M4) 9 (M5) 7 (M6) 9

NYMom222
on 3/22/17 3:18 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You can search in the search bar for topics and then read the threads that pertain. Whatever question you have, it has probably already been asked.

You need to be more specific in the information you are looking for, if you want a specific answer...

Good Luck, and great job on keeping the weight off...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views