Body Fortress protein

Liz J.
on 5/3/17 2:26 pm - Woonsocket, RI

I had RNY 12/16/2011. My start weight was 260 and my lowest weight was 150. Im currently up to about 189. I fluctuate between 175 and 190. I used to use Body Fortress whey protein to get my protein intake. Its 30 grams per scoop. One time I picked it up I grabbed the wrong one and picked up isolate protein.

This is what their website says the difference is:

Whey Concentrate and Whey Isolate are both premium sources of fast-digesting protein used to support lean muscle and strength.* The main difference between the two different forms is this; Whey Isolate (and other Isolate proteins in general) are manufactured using a process known as Microfiltration. During this process, a majority of the non-protein components (Fat, Carbs, Lactose, etc...) are eliminated. The end result is a much higher % of protein by weight than what is normally found in a concentrated protein.

So MY question is which one should I be using? If anyone can help Id greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance

jenorama
on 5/3/17 2:30 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I always go for all isolate as I understand it to be more easily absorbed by our modified guts so we get the most bang for the buck, as it were.

Jen

Liz J.
on 5/3/17 3:20 pm - Woonsocket, RI

Thank you Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?