Three Day to go...

Mewildman
on 6/3/17 2:00 pm
RNY on 06/06/17
Final pre-surgery weekend , thank goodness I am not on a pre-op diet. As today will be spent getting all the lawns mowed, and outdoor areas cleaned up so my wife doesn't have to do too much in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I will be able to do some minor yard work after about three to four weeks. I am happy to report I continue to lose weight. I was 267 this morning in my boxers and am predicting my surgery weight on Tuesday will be 265,down from a program start weight 298. Tomorrow, I want to spend having fun with my wife and two little girls, then Monday is is my only Pre-op Diet day with Clear liquids only and travel to Vancouver Washington where we'll spend the night. Then early Tuesday morning we go to OHSU in Portland, Oregon, for the expected 5:30 AM check in. So far I'm not overly anxious, but i imagine that will change on Monday. I feel as prepared as it is possible to be.
Au_Contraire
on 6/3/17 2:40 pm

You sound very ready! Congratulations on your weight loss thus far. Wishing you every success!

wags1231
on 6/3/17 2:56 pm - Springfield, IL

We're in this together, buddy! I talked to my PA on Friday and he asked me if I was freaking out. I told him, "Not really and that freaks me out a little!" He said that just means I am educated and prepared! Will be thinking about you!

RNY on 06/05/17

Mewildman
on 6/3/17 4:52 pm
RNY on 06/06/17

How are things with you? So not much anxiety for you either, huh? I like to think that just means we are prepared....lol. I have just come to realize with everything I have been reading that there are no typical results or issues after surgery. Just can't prepare for what you don't know will happen, just have to ride the tide when it comes.

I haven't even gotten a bunch of post op food because frankly, I have no idea what is going to sound good or will be tolerated well.

You will be in my thoughts as well, but likely won't get much of an update even if you do have a chance to do one as i will be having my RNY on your day one post op. Take care and very nest of luck to you. If i don't see an update after your surgery on Monday, I'll see you on the other side. Save a spot for me on the losers bench.

wags1231
on 6/4/17 6:10 pm - Springfield, IL

Today has been rough, as I'm on clear liquids only so I'm pretty irritable and super hungry. My mom is in town for surgery and so I've had to watch as they've enjoyed some of my favorite restaurants today. Right now I'm drinking citrate of magnesia and nervous for what's to come! But as for tomorrow, I'm not really nervous! I don't know if some of that is denial that the day is actually here or if I'm just at peace and really ready for all of this. I'm going to think positive and stick with the latter ;) I will try to update ya tomorrow! If I can't get on before your big day, GOOD LUCK!

RNY on 06/05/17

Librarian67
on 6/4/17 4:09 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Wishing you the best for your surgery!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

bruindiva92
on 6/4/17 5:40 am
Revision on 03/29/17

Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Jackie S.
on 6/4/17 10:30 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/07/17

So happy for you! My OR date is Wednesday so I can relate to the excitement. I am not anxious about the surgery at all anymore. I have done all my work and prepared as best I can. So have you! Wishing you all the best!

Referral: NOV/16 Info Sess: DEC/16 OptiFAST: 3wks started May 17/17 OR: RNY June 7/17

HW:278 SW:252 1stGW:220 2ndGW:200 3rdGW:170 GW:150

Weight Management Clinic - Ottawa

Mewildman
on 6/4/17 10:42 am
RNY on 06/06/17

Jackie S., Best wishes and good luck to you as well.

100Buttons
on 6/5/17 6:29 am
RNY on 03/03/17

Good luck and all the best!!! You will be on the other side before you know it!