Help I have fallen and can not get up.....

Sheila_H
on 11/14/17 2:51 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Aside from the food suggested above, try the support group. I call them my AA meetings and I've been going to them religiously, because this is our addiction. The support groups are usually run by either a nutritionist or a therapist (both associated with the WLS group). Try them out, they are a sort of reaffirmation of rules and guidelines on a monthly basis. You will also see other people in the same boat, ready to get surgery or fresh off surgery. It refreshes your memory with what needs to be done. Good luck.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

selhard
on 11/15/17 4:56 am, edited 11/15/17 9:06 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

A therapist asked me once what is bothering me. I replied, "nothing." Then he started asking questions and the floodgates opened wide. Dense therapy has helped me in addition to dense protein. (edited to change wording)

NYMom222
on 11/15/17 8:23 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I second third fourth the go back to dense protein... even if it requires six meals to stay on track.. there is always some white knuckling required but you can do it.

If you go back and look at the old AMAW/CAMAW posts you will see what people were eating...

If you want something besides meat. Buy a plain whole milk Greek yogurt like Fage. Do 3/4cup(170g weight) and add one Tablespoon (8g weight) SF pudding mix. Lots of protein and very dense. Sometimes I throw it in the freezer after dinner for like 2 hours ... won't totally freeze but my version of frozen yogurt.

I have a love hate relationship with journaling... I think when I do MFP I tend to eat more. I think it's good to have a plan and pre-think out the day even though I don't usually stick to it 100%. Honestly I never stick to it 100%. A plan bails me out sometimes though I look at it and do it.

One time my trainer asked me to keep a food journal on paper for a week. I wrote what I was feeling mentally and physically as well as times I ate. It was very eye opening and at the end of it I wrote ten things I learned. Realized I was nauseous a lot and my gerd was acting up... as well as other things.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

obxhatteraslight
on 11/15/17 8:28 am, edited 11/15/17 12:28 am - baldwinsville, NY

I do not plan my days that great. I am journaling as I go. I hate eating the same thing 2 in my problem. I have decided not journaling today as I have gone 2 years without it and it messes me up.

My dr gave me the name of a therapist that deals with food issues. I was thinking that it was only me that has not clicked with a therapist. First one looked like Ernest Hemingway second just talked sports and politics I hope that the 3rd one is the charm. THanks for all the advice. Today is a new day!

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/17 8:21 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Is it actual journaling, or just food logging? I will say, I would find it hard keep my calories reigned in if I didn't track on myfitnesspal.

cc583
on 11/18/17 9:03 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

As others have already said going to the dense proteins will help keep you satisfied much longer and the low carb veggies.

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/18/17 8:25 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

It may be time to suck it up and start logging, even if you hate it.

Of the people here on OH who have been most successful in the long term, they are ALL daily loggers. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!