What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

ks76
on 2/5/18 10:17 am
RNY on 11/29/17

My MIL always adds plain yellow mustard to turkey meatballs also. It's really good. I made her recipe last week and just pattied it out and made me a bunless burger the night I made burgers for the family.

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

stacyrg
on 2/5/18 10:21 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I mix pesto into my turkey meat. It gives it a good flavor and the olive oil in the pesto sauce adds some needed moisture. It does add extra calories, so I didn't do it as much when I was early out.

cc583
on 2/5/18 5:35 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

That sounds delicious!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

NYMom222
on 2/5/18 6:42 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes, Turkey chop meat needs flavor and moisture. Don't ever buy the 99% fat free

Pesto would do the trick, but I won't be adding it to mine as I am allergic to Basil, might require an ER visit. :/

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CarlRay
on 2/5/18 6:03 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning! I had a pretty great weekend. Saturday I took the kids to a sports complex for family swim. I had gone out in the morning to find a compression rash-guard shirt, didn't like how the one fit or felt, but wound up buying a short-sleeved/knee length wetsuit. I don't have a lot of excess skin happening, but there's obviously some that hasn't come back. The wetsuit will also be great this summer because I just can't take the lake water like I used to. Too cold ALL THE TIME and I miss playing with the knuckleheads in the water. There's a trip to a waterpark on the March break coming up, so I'll try the compression shirt again, but I'm not sure it'll be the best choice. I'll figure something out. Anyway, this weekend the pool was heated, so I just wore a t-shirt and my trunks and I had a blast. The wetsuit would have been way too hot! Turns out I can dive off the high board really well though! Who knew? Anybody ever find that after swimming a lot, you have to make several trips to the washroom? I keep my mouth closed while swimming so I don't drink pool water but I had to pee 3 or 4 times while there (so I was making several trips to the change room). TMI alert, but it was a LOT of pee every time. I thought that was odd. At the end of the day I was down quite a bit (water). Thinking it was my body flushing things out, just funny timing.

Menu today: Shake for breakfast/lunch. MS/AS 100ml yogurts from the kids' lunches that are about to expire and half a protein bar. Supper: Chicken chili. All vites and tons of water.

Accountability: I didn'****ch the game yesterday. Not sure, just didn't grab my attention. I'm glad at the outcome though and happy for Philly. While I was watching the snow and wind destroy things outside, I had a little bowl of Doritos. Not a whole bag or enough to make me feel sick, just enough to enjoy them. I went to my sister's place for a visit after supper, and with coffee had a 1" square piece of carrot cake and a couple bites of oreo cheesecake. All in all, didn't destroy my day calorie-wise, just didn't slam the protein like normal. Weight was still down below goal today, actually dropped 1 lb 3 oz from Sunday am.

QOTD: Baby wipes. Our kids are looooong out of diapers but we still buy them. They clean bike chain grease from hands really well, and we use them cleaning the bathroom. Awesome stuff. I have to wonder how good it is for baby bums when I see it clean the way it does, but you don't think of that stuff as a new parent. Kids never seemed to care.

catwoman7
on 2/5/18 6:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we're supposed to get even more snow today, and for once I can't leave early and work from home because I have to teach two classes this afternoon. The second one ends at 4:20 - and the snow is going to start around noon. Crap!! I should be able to make it home, but I'm not sure about DH. He also teaches a class this afternoon (I think his ends around the same time), but he works at a university that's about a 50-minute drive from here. Hopefully we'll both make it home in one piece (and our cars, too!)

accountability was on target yesterday. I never left the house because of the snow. I'm so glad I'll (probably) be retired next winter and won't have to deal with this crap! UGH!!

QOTD: I'll have to ask DH - he's the cleaner in our house! (he's a neatnik - I am not! So I cook - he cleans)

2 years 8 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with homemade blueberry/blackberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax vanilla pumpkin latte shake

L: 4 oz taco meat (ground turkey breast) with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and plain Greek yogurt

AS: L&F yogurt

D: either "spaghetti" with meatballs (made with zoodles) or leftover teriyaki pork stir fry (meat and vegetables only)

a piece of crustless protein pumpkin pie later if I'm hungry AND can afford the calories

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

peachpie
on 2/5/18 6:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning folks!! This weekend has been an intense one on SO many levels. My son text me a picture of an outlet in his room, that basically burned out. We are SO LUCKY it didn't catch fire. Trying to figure what caused it, not sure if it was just an old outlet, or too many power demands. So then while hubby was on his way to get the part to replace the outlet, he was in a car accident. Another car ran a light and sent him spinning- he ended up on the side walk and took out a home's front steps. He is ok, but injured his shoulder. Working out all the insurance stuff. And then, of course- the EAGLES WON!!! I'm not sure if this city even slept last night (I sure did)!

QOTD: Not sure I have any cleaning hacks. When you're used to doing something it just comes as the norm I guess, and doesn't stand out.

205 today, 209 years out

M1: egg/egg white, turkey sausage, ham and cheese stik

M2: Greek yogurt, berries, protein bar

M3: Baked BBQ wings

M4: ??

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Rosemi
on 2/5/18 7:24 am

Not great happenings but still a great day because everything ended up ok...and you could still sleep!!! Definitely hoping for the best for your family....take care

Patty R.
on 2/5/18 7:26 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

So glad damage and injury is not severe!

Kakesie
on 2/5/18 8:28 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Wow, Shauna, that's scary about the outlet. I'm sure glad there wasn't a fire. And so sorry to hear about your hubby's car accident. Glad he wasn't very seriously hurt.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 447 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 336 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 336 views