What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Julia S.
on 8/4/18 2:13 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I did 2.8 miles this morning, it felt like a bit of a slog but I did it. I worked in the garden a little, but now it's almost too hot to be out there.

I was pretty much on target food wise yesterday. Today I popped some popcorn and had about a cup of it, but I should have eaten some protein first. But I'll be OK sitting at 58g protein and 458 calories so I'll finish up the day on target.

I guess part of me wanted this to be easier. I didn't want to have to obsess about food or working out but it seems like I have to be slightly obsessive to make my tool work for me. The weight does not just magically come off, and I'm not where I thought I would be at 6 months out. Of course I wanted it to happen overnight, but we all know that doesn't happen. I'm half way to my goal, I've lost 70lbs and I should appreciate and celebrate that, of course without food. And I'm inching ever closer to Onederland.

I was trying to find a cheap full length mirror, I haven't had one for a while. I couldn't find one at my local Home Depot even though the website said there were 13 in stock. I'll try another store maybe later. Funny thing is I'm not one of those people who sees themselves as fat, my self image was from when I lost 90lbs and maintained it for 5 years. I still saw myself as a size 10-12 and would be shocked when I would see the fat lady in the mirror. I'm starting to look closer to the image in my head, but still have a long ways to go.

QOTD: still so new to this, I have nothing to contribute. But I come here for the support and sense of community, and kindness. I don't have many friends and I wouldn't survive if I didn't come here. So thank you everyone.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

seattledeb
on 8/4/18 3:40 pm

Target usually has them.

You got the rest of your life to get used to eating this way! I have found that I can't eat 4oz. of chicken but I can eat buckets of popcorn.

seattledeb
on 8/4/18 3:46 pm

Yesterday I ate a Safeway prepared green salad,greek yogurt,Stork brand protein coffee...I liked it because it didnt taste at all like protein--, SF werthers,and some chicken. 5 dark chocolate kisses.

seattledeb
on 8/4/18 3:49 pm

QOTD..I never give up. I try to stay mindful. I eat the same things in the same bowls. Yogurt= green bowl. I know exactly how much 1/2 cup is in that bowl.

seattledeb
on 8/4/18 5:47 pm

Another tip I like to "overlook" are labels. It said protein coffee and I bought it. I loved it.

It has more sugar grams than protein grams. OF COURSE I love it.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 491 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 553 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 541 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 253 views
Recent Topics