What's on your Monday Menu RNY'ers?

Emiepie
on 10/8/18 1:31 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 10/8/18 3:10 pm

Hope you recover completely very soon!

Julia S.
on 10/8/18 10:56 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Pretty boring weekend, didn't do much. My college football team the Oregon Ducks was on a bye week. And my Seahawks lost to the Rams 33-31 but it was closer than I expected. Sorry to say football is the only sport I follow and it ruins my day when my teams lose. Oh well, I'll get over it.

QOTD:Not even close to maintenance, I need to lose another 50lbs.

Trying to make my 75g of protein a day, and stay away from the Reese's Pumpkins. I like them better than the regular peanut butter cups they have more peanut butter.

Have a great day!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Emiepie
on 10/8/18 1:31 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I always wondered what the difference was between the PB pumpkin cups....they seemed to have a different PB, almost softer or more creamy but maybe it was just that they had more.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 10/8/18 8:21 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Reading this just reminded me that a client gave me a piece of candy today and I hid it my briefcase so he wouldn't see me not eating it. I better get it out of there before melts. Fortunately, there will be plenty of takers for it around the house.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Au_Contraire
on 10/8/18 2:33 pm, edited 10/8/18 8:10 am

Hey Menu Peeps! Happy Monday!

Yesterday morning I went to a Blessing of the Animals at my local Episcopalian church. I had never been to an Episcopal service before (cradle Catholic here), but have always wanted to experience a Blessing of the Animals. There were lots and lots of very well behaved dogs, one utterly silent cat in a carrier, and a heart-stoppingly adorable baby goat (complete with pink collar and leash)! Everyone brought their animals, one by one, to the front of the church, and the Vicar bent down to admire, pet, speak to, and bless each one with holy water. It was very sweet and moving. Not just that: people, including many children, went to the altar carrying little beanie babies and other stuffed animals, which I found just so adorable. One elderly man, easily 90, carried a large, obviously very well loved teddy bear. The whole experience was, for me, very tender and uplifting. One of these years I'd like to attend this service at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in NYC - all kinds of animals are present during that ceremony, even donkeys, sheep, and camels!

QOTD: I'm not yet in maintenance. I'm hopeful that I will be able to eat 10 calories per pound to maintain, but we will see if that's accurate or if I need to eat less. I doubt it will be more. I'm also interested in how gradually vets here found they had to go when introducing more carbs and more calories once they entered maintenance. I am certain that if I suddenly started eating 1400 after eating less than half that throughout the weight loss phase, that I would see a pretty immediate spike in the scale.

First: tea

B: chicken sausage

L: tuna

D: another chicken sausage

S: ham

I meant to do AMAW starting today, but will start on Thursday instead. Anyone want to join me?

Wishing you all happiness today, and always!

catwoman7
on 10/8/18 3:52 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

you have to go up gradually - like add 100 calories per day every couple of weeks until the weight is where you want it. Yes - a sudden spike would be jarring!

I grew up in an Episcopal church but have never attended a blessing of the animals - I'm not sure if our local churches just didn't do it or if we somehow missed it or...?? But I always wanted to go to one. I haven't been to church in forever (other than for weddings or funerals) - but I should go sometime when they have one of these. I would love it!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

seattledeb
on 10/8/18 5:25 pm

It's a sweet ceremony. Many non church goers. A community blessing of the animals. I take Lucy aka Lucy-fer the devil dog. She gets blessed but she is still devilish.

Au_Contraire
on 10/8/18 6:43 pm

"Lucy-fer the devil dog!" Lol!

Au_Contraire
on 10/8/18 6:41 pm

It was very tender and moving! I'm going to make a point of going every year! The Blessing of the Animals is traditionally held right around October 4, which is St. Francis of Assisi's Feast Day (the day of his death). In the Catholic church, St. Francis is considered to be the patron saint of animals and of the environment. In many ways the Anglican church is very close to Roman Catholicism, except of course for some fundamental differences, a la the Protestant Reformation. Catholics often refer to the Episcopal church as "Catholic light". No disrespect is meant by that term. My SIL grew up in the Episcopal church, too.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views