What's on your Wednesday menu, RNYers?

Writergurl08
on 10/24/18 4:13 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I'm willing to bet someone's posting while I am!

my interview yesterday went well and he said they're looking to fill the position quickly, so cross fingers, swing the poor chickens, etc etc. I'm also up for a promotion at my current job, but I'd prefer the new job. There's no way my current job can beat the pay and benefits of the other. My dilemma is being up in the air--do I accept the promotion only to quit if I get the new job? I think that's what I'll end up doing, but I'll feel guilty about it. I don't want to burn the promotion bridge and then NOT get the new one.

i decided to treat myself to some brand new pants last night. It was emotionally exhausting. I've decided that my thrift jeans generally fit better because my new shapes don't fit into today's trending styles. I did try on a pair of skinny jeans, but I hated how my thighs and calves looked. My thighs are becoming troublesome with extra skin that hangs over my knees. Also, why is all the denim thin and stretchy?? I want jeans with some structure to them to control that new thigh jiggle, not display every dimple! Pic of skinny jeans below.

qotd: what's YOUR most frustrating shopping experience?

Breakfast: coffee with Premier

lunch: 4 oz shrimp with ****tail sauce

snack: 2 oz deli turkey

dinner: chicken cauliflower fried rice

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Writergurl08
on 10/24/18 4:14 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Au_Contraire
on 10/24/18 3:11 pm

Cassie, I feel your pain! Yesterday I too tried on some jeans, since I have exactly none of them in my closet. I had no idea of which size to try. There was a saleslady there who asked if she could help me, and I told her that I didn't know what size I wore in jeans. She asked me if I preferred a straight or skinny leg. Normally I prefer narrow, straight leg pants if wearing shoes or booties, because I think those are the most flattering (a la Audrey Hepburn, who I don't resemble in the least). But I wanted to buy a pair to tuck into tall boots, so I said skinny. She grabbed a couple of pairs, and I tried them on. They were horrible. They flattened my rear (which needs no further flattening), were hard to get on, and did my thighs no favors at all. These were inexpensive jeans - high-rise Levis. Probably, if I were to spend quite a bit more on a pair from a different label, I could find a flattering fit. But these were awful. They unattractively accentuated my thighs and even made my knees, which are really not a problem area, look bad. I walked out without looking further.

Writergurl08
on 10/24/18 4:29 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I ended up with a "curvy straight" cut. Which is a total oxymoron to me. My butt is always flat, in every jean! But at least these didn't highlight my thighs quite as much...

Au_Contraire
on 10/24/18 5:38 pm

I'm glad you found a pair!

Partlypollyanna
on 10/24/18 4:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Cassie, as a hiring manager and leader of people, I would say enjoy the promotion if you get it and then if the other job is the one you want, then enjoy that when you get offered it. It could be a little different if both roles were internal but given they are not, it shouldn't be an issue. Yes, as the hirer, I'd be annoyed I have to go through the process again but as a leader, I'd be pleased I have someone moving on to a significant change they are passionate about, that may be better for them personally.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

bethmal
on 10/24/18 4:58 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning,

Finally done with the camaw... although it did provide me with more focus and a few lost pounds, I am happy to be back to some fruit and veggies in my menu.

We went to support group last night. It was our first one so I didn't know what to expect. The first part of the group a doctor spoke about skin removal after weight loss surgery. I thought it was going to be a great meeting but his presentation was d-r-y and made me very sleepy. After the presentation the group met as a 'support' group, however, I didn't find it helpful. It was unorganized, no one 'took charge' and I didn't feel motivated like I thought I would. Hubster felt the same way. I am wondering if next month I should step up to the plate and take charge... The only good thing about the night is that my doctor was there and I had a quick chat with her.

Cassie, I think the jeans look good on you. This is my motto of late, "We are our own worst critic." I have said that or thought that so many times this week. I am learning to love myself and learning to speak positively to myself, even when all I see are my flaws.

QOTD: My biggest frustration shopping at the moment is finding things that fit in the waist and don't give me droopy butt. I am currently wearing a size 6 in the waist but the butt is always too big. That is a problem to have, right? LOL

almost 10 months out - weight 163

B: Greek yogurt with Fiber One twig cereal

S: PP chocolate shake

L: deli turkey and provolone cheese

S: Babybel cheese and 1/2 honey crisp apple

D: cauliflower crust pizza topped with veggies and cheese or leftover pork and roasted veg

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Writergurl08
on 10/24/18 5:45 am
RNY on 02/15/18

lol I've never had a butt, even at my biggest, so I definitely get the droopy butt thing! I've considered buying "booty pop" underpants. Google them, it's fantastic.

artchikk
on 10/24/18 5:57 am
RNY on 02/12/18

I am on the same page here. always the butt is so saggy! LOL I've also never had a butt.

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Partlypollyanna
on 10/24/18 5:01 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It's Wednesday! Yay, halfway through and my last day at corporate this week!

Cassie, I think the stretchy/skinny jean is very polarizing and difficult for a lot of us!

qotd - my post op frustration is sizing in general. When you're plus size, the sizing seems more consistent and there are fewer options so a 26 is a 26 is a 26. Now I'm finding that sizes are completely different between brands and one shirt might be M but another line it's an xl. And then there are skinny people pants that are "15" or "27". Even though I know that 27 is nothing like my 26/28, I can't bring myself to buy them!! I have been working hard to get out of the twenty-sizes. I'm trying to do the head work to get to "focus on fit, not the size on the tag" but it's hard.

accountability - on track!

b 1/3 protein shake with coffee

l ready egg go (the nuts make this higher calorie but it's an easy, high ish protein travel option)

s - oikos triple peanut butter banana

d - panino fingers

es - yogurt or cheese stick if needed

tea and water all day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 55 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 243 views