What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers??

Writergurl08
on 11/3/18 6:14 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Didn't see a post so thought I'd get started.

I was offered the promotion yesterday and I was also called back from the other job I wanted more. They filled the position without even granting me the interview I was told I made it to, but said another manager had taken interest in my resume and wanted to interview me. So I accepted the promotion, but will start a new round of interviews with the other job. At this point I feel like I'm just being shuffled around and it could be another month before I hear a solid yes or no, so may as well take the promotion.

Qotd: what is the most difficult job-related situation you've ever been in?

breakfast: bacon and eggs, but coffee first

lunch: unknown. We are spending the day at a craft fair, and they have concessions, but I might just take a protein bar

dinner: out with in-laws after the fair, we're going to a sea food place so it will be a good protein! Salmon maybe

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Amy Liz
on 11/3/18 7:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ Congrats on the promotion Cassie! I have been sleeping in lately - today it was until 630, which is odd, I'm usually up at 5-530. Maybe it's the light/time change - well I will find out tomorrow now, won't I? After my slow relaxing morning, I am headed to the gym to swim, running a few errands then coming home to binge watch House of Cards - so excited, I can't stand it~

QOTD - My most difficult job situation was probably promoting to supervisor of my unit a few years ago. I was promoted over co-workers and friends that have been there years longer than me. It was awkward setting new boundaries and having to detach from some longtime friends I socialized with pretty regularly. Luckily I have everyone's respect and everything turned out great but it's lonely at the top!

Accountability - Great

23+mo out 152.5

b-coffee x2, L&F greek yogurt

l-egg beaters and salsa

d- turkey meatballs w/a little marinara and parm

es -nonfat greek yogurt w/torani syrup frozen

v/ o n track

e- swimming

Have a wonderful day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 11/3/18 7:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think being promoted to lead the team you were on is one of the hardest management moves!! Good for you for getting through it!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 11/3/18 9:12 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thanks, Jen!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 11/3/18 7:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That's tough, Cassie, but congratulations on the promotion! It seems like the other company is really interested in you (and vice versa) so when:if you do/land there it will be a great fit after all the hard work to get there!

i have a ton of stuff to get done and I'm doing two hours of Pilates today - a cardio jump class and then a restore class that's all stretching and toning. I've never done two classes in a row but I think this is a good way to start!

Qotd - I've been a manger of people for a long time and the most difficult days have been when we've had layoffs and when we've had deaths in the work-family. There are other days that just work things have stressed me to tears but those are the hardest days.

Accountability - had to fast until my blood draw at 1130 and they even had a limit on water! I ended up rushing from the lab to a meeting and didn't eat drin****il after 2 so needed up low on everything. I am feeling it today in the dehydration.

Eats for the day

Coffee with half and half, plus tea

b - 3 oz chuck roast, .5 ounce cheddar, 3 pepperoncini

l - 3 oz deli turkey

d 3 oz deli turkey

559/66/7

have a great Saturday all!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

LuckyLoser
on 11/3/18 7:35 am, edited 11/3/18 12:36 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hello Everyone:

It's another dreary, rainy day here. There's also a damp chill in the air. Even though my dog had a coat on, he decided the rain was just too much for him. So we headed back home early and our long Saturday morning walk turned into a short one.

Cassie, the company you interviewed with didn't handle your interview situation very professionally. Just think about this. If that's how they treated you when they were trying to impress you and recruit you, imagine how they might treat you once you are hired!

QOTD: My career, or I should say my careers, have stretched over many years so I've run into multiple difficult job situations. Since you have been writing about a job interview, I recall one really horrible experience I had with a one a long time ago.

It was early in my medical career. After medical school, I completed a 1-year internship. Instead of completing 2 more years of residency, I ended up taking about 10 years off from clinical medicine to deal with some personal issues.

When I resumed post-graduate clinical training, I decided to repeat my internship year, even though it was not required, in order to get my "feet wet" again in clinical medicine. Since I already completed an internship, I essentially chose what I wanted to review that year. But, most of my other co-trainees were not aware of this.

Several years later, I went to an interview for an administrative position that I thought was a little beyond my experience, but I decided to take a chance. Well, this was an interview like no other interview I ever went to before.

The first doctor who interviewed me asked me grueling medical questions about patients' case histories. He actually observed me as I interviewed a patient and did a physical examination to make sure I picked up all the physical findings. No interview was ever like this before.

When it came time for lunch, about 5 of us squeezed into a car, 3 of us in the back seat with me in the middle. (By the way, I get carsick.) We rode in the car for over an hour before we got to a local restaurant. There was nothing memorable about the meal.

When we returned to the medical facility, there were another 2 hours or so of intense questioning by other employees. During this time, I finally caught on to what was happening.

One of the doctors who interviewed me was in the same post-graduate training class as I was. Back then, he had always been vocal about the fact that he thought that I wasn't "good enough" and that I was "just being pushed through" the training program by the other co-trainees. He was not aware that I had already completed an internship and that this second internship was voluntary.

After all these years, he held a grudge against me for this. This brutal interview was all a set-up just to get revenge against me!!

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Breakfast: 8 oz. nonfat milk, SF chocolate syrup, protein powder

Snack: 1.5 oz. left-over chicken salad

Lunch: going out to lunch with my friend - some kind of flaky, moist, bland baked fish

Snack: probably none due to larger than usual lunch

Dinner: left-overs from lunch

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Writergurl08
on 11/3/18 8:16 am
RNY on 02/15/18

So, the company that's shuffling my resume around is the company my husband already works for. So while we're both miffed at this hiring process, he absolutely loves working there, and that's why I already know the pay/benefits/ work culture are worth it, even if I also think my interview wasn't very professional.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

catwoman7
on 11/3/18 8:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I do agree with Joyce that that was really unprofessional -_- it would have been a red flag for me. Although since you have an inside connection to the company and know it's ok, then maybe it's fine. Hope everything works out the way you want it to! And I also agree it was good to take the promotion since it could be another month before you hear from the other place- and you may or may not even get an offer. I think you made the right decision.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

LuckyLoser
on 11/3/18 11:31 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hi Cassie:

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you have inside information about how the company treats its employees since your husband works there.

That changes the whole picture. In that case, I think it's great that they think so highly of you from your resume and multiple interviews that they are trying to find the correct job that fits you the best.

Nevertheless, it has to be frustrating for you not knowing what is going on there.

Also, congratulations on your promotion. Please don't downplay it -- you earned it through your hard work!

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

catwoman7
on 11/3/18 9:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I went to a Zumba class this morning. I've done aqua Zumba for years, but never regular Zumba. I just stayed a half hour since I had to meet someone - plus I figured a half hour would be good my first couple of times doing it as it's pretty intense. It was fun - and I didn't even break a sweat!! If I'd have tried this years ago, i would have been sweating up a storm after like five minutes! Such a surprise!!

Not much on tap for today - although DH wants to go to a movie, so we may do that.

QOTD: Ive dealt with several tough situations in my 30+ year career. I guess one of the worst was when I was in my early 30s and completely fried from what was a very stressful job, but I couldn't leave because I couldn't afford to. I was in too much debt and had to find a job that paid at least as much as the bad one did, but i was having a helluva time doing that. The economy wasn't that great then and good- paying jobs at the mid- and upper levels were hard to come by. So i suffered for about a year, paid down as much debt as I possibly could, and then walked away with nothing lined up. I vowed at that point I was NEVER going to get myself into that situation again - stuck in a bad place because I couldn't afford to leave. And I haven't - I lived a very austere life for a couple of years and worked my way out of debt, and built up a cushion so I could survive for awhile if I was ever out of work again. Getting married in the interim helped immensely, too!!!

3 years 5 months out

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 T crio bru grounds, and raspberries

Ms: coffee with half and half, protein shake

L: hummus and carrots

As: l&f yogurt or protein pudding

D: pork chop and 1/4 c sweet potato

Ex: zumba

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 143 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views