What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers??

Greateight
on 11/3/18 11:32 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Belated good morning. I'm still hobbling around my crutches. Last night was better though I was able to sleep for 5 1/2 hours straight and then fell asleep a little later after that. And the pain is getting to be less. (although I am starting to feel twinges in the other knee). No stiffness in that knee though so hopefully its nothing.

Today will be a low key day of elevating my knee and watching football and horse races.

QOTD:

I have had a lot of tough situations: Clients arguing about fees, other advisers arguing about interpretations of rules, people leaving, having to fire somebody, employees that don't meet their goals, being passed over for promotion. Plus the normal year to year pressure to generate client business The toughest for me have been the two times I had serious offers to switch firms. I have found it a hard, emotionally draining decision of whether to stay where so many years have been invested or to leave with the hope for a better opportunity.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Light and fit

Lunch: Filet mignon

Snack: Provolone and Proscuitto roll-ups

Dinner: Probably left over Filet

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Writergurl08
on 11/3/18 2:58 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Are you a financial advisor?

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Greateight
on 11/4/18 6:06 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Nothing so glamorous, I am a CPA.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Kakesie
on 11/3/18 2:53 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Cassie and Menu Family!

Congratulations on your promotion, Cassie and very good luck on the other job prospect, too!

QOTD: Working with Saralisa's father after I got pregnant and he didn't want anyone at work to know he was the father was difficult. (Even though everyone at work KNEW that we were dating). He also didn't want anything to do with the baby. Then he sort of came around once she was born, but I found out (later), that he was dating me and another girl who worked at the store at the same time and lying to both of us about the other. I broke up with him, but she stayed with him and I had to work with the two of them (they worked in the same department), and see them every day. But I was determined I wasn't going to let them force me to quit the job that I loved, so I held my head up high and kept working there.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 78, Calories - 1,415, Carbs - 139.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt, a donut

D: hamburger helper, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana

E: walking in Walmart

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen

Writergurl08
on 11/3/18 3:00 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I'm sorry about Saralisa's dad, that sounds like an incredibly awkward situation for the work environment for sure.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Kakesie
on 11/4/18 5:14 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks, Cassie. He was a jerk and so was the "other woman".

LuckyLoser
on 11/4/18 12:36 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Oh my, Karen, what a tough ongoing work situation! You are a very strong woman and I admire that!

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Kakesie
on 11/4/18 5:16 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you, Joyce!

peachpie
on 11/3/18 2:59 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hey folks. Congrats on the promotion, but sorry you feel shuffled around. I think you made a good decision though.

I ran this morning and laid low most of the day. We just came back from looking around at a flea market. My accountability sucked this week. Halloween and way too much dipping into a bag of chips. Weight is up but I'll get it down.

Qotd: most difficult work situation I've had was when a former manager attempted to suspend and demote me because there was someone else she wanted in my role. I appealed to the Director at the time, who believed me. She ended up getting fired herself, HA!

217 today 3.6 years out

m1: egg, ham/bologna, cheese stick

m2: bourbon chicken chunks/protein bar

m3: slice of sausage pizza

m4: ? Maybe nothing

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

ks76
on 11/3/18 4:41 pm
RNY on 11/29/17

Hey everyone. Glad it's the weekend. Even though it's late now.

We had our last regular season game last night at my sons high school and FROZE. I haven't been this cold in Georgia in a while. (I guess bc I've lost all of my "insulation" lol)

I didnt have time to post yesterday or today yet so I'll add a couple pics.

QOTD (Friday) we're going to the beach in a week and half for our 21st anniversary and then taking a family trip to Nashville in December once school is out. I'm ready for BOTH!

QOTD (Saturday) --i cant think of any right off. I'm sure there are some tho.

I met with my trainer this morning and then went grocery shopping so never ate my first meal until noon.

1st meal-Chick Fil A kids meal with grilled nuggets and fruit cup.

Dinner: baked Parmesan crusted pork chops and a salad.

My pics are my son at his last band competition, and a side by side I did this week after I got a new set of scrubs for work (a MEDIUM!)

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 293 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?