What's on your Photo Friday Menu RNY'ers?

Partlypollyanna
on 11/9/18 11:53 am, edited 11/9/18 3:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Cute kitty!!

today is a little crazy but all good. Enjoying the time with my aunt - my photo is from her deck this morning!

qotd - my nephew, several cousins, my dad all served along with 3 of my grandparents serving in WWII - my grandmother stole her older sister?s ID and joined the WACS. My one grandmother that didn?t serve in the military was recognized by the Red Cross for her activities during the war so that?s something I?m proud of too!

Menu - lots of tea and coffee

b - think thin bar

l - cheese and turkey

d - light and fit greek

Edited to add the photo

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 11/9/18 12:01 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

View looks beautiful.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 11/9/18 12:44 pm

Beautiful, misty late fall - I love it!

Thanks to all those in your family who served, including unofficially!

Au_Contraire
on 11/9/18 1:34 pm, edited 11/9/18 5:35 am

Hello menu pals! Happy Friday!

Peach, thanks for starting us off. Sir Carbon looks like a very sweet cat! And that beautiful rainbow, suffused with pink light - so lovely!

Thank you this Veteran's Day long weekend for all those who are currently serving, and who have served!

I had a nice date last night - I like him. He asked to see me again on Tuesday, which is my next free evening, so that's good. He is very tall - 6'5" - I do like tall men. I am finding it hard to envision feeling confident enough to go to bed with anyone, no matter how attracted i am - honestly I need plastic surgery. not that I'm on the verge of this, I'm not, and won't be for some time - but I don't really know if I'd be able to pull it off. I'm feeling incredibly confident most of the time when dressed, but I have a secret, one which others just don't know, and I'm certainly not going to advertise it. It would be different if I had been involved with a guy while having my RnY, or earlier during the process, but nobody knows and without a doubt they think what's under my clothing is consistent with how I look fully clothed. it isn't. Anyway, I wi**** wasn't a factor, but it is.

Last night as I was getting ready to go out, I changed clothes several times. It was the first time in quite a while that I felt that I looked too chunky, and I kept changing to try to find the best look. I know that objectively I did not really look chunky because I am simply no longer chunky, and also I have chosen my clothes for their slimming qualities - it was just a weird moment of body dysmorphia and self-criticism - I actually look quite lean in my clothes. I just wanted to look pretty and attractive, and couldn't find quite the right look. The outfit i finally settled on was just fine in the end, and I felt ok in the end after all that. Odd though, to know that you are seeing something which isn't really there. I think it is related to worrying about getting undressed with a new partner - not that that will happen anytime soon. I wouldn't be ready even with an utterly slamming body, but at least I wouldn't be too uptight to be seen and, I worry, judged. It is, after all, kind of a shocking view.

Last night I had grilled butterflied shrimp with mushrooms, green peppers, onions, on a bed of finely shredded lettuce. It was good! This morning I weighed in at 141.2 for the fourth day in a row.

First: Four but mugs of tea.

B: ham with melted cheddar on top

L: eggs

D: beef meatballs, yum, made without any breadcrumbs

S: if necessary, probably a tuna packet

Have a wonderful Friday, my friends!

Emiepie
on 11/9/18 3:04 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So glad you had a good date. I wish our brains were easy to fix!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 11/9/18 3:42 pm

Yes, he is definitely an interesting guy. I wish our brains were easier to fix, too!

Sheila_H
on 11/9/18 3:49 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Is this a different guy than the one who took you to a Vietnamese vegetarian restaurant?

I know what you mean about body dysmorphia. Some days in my head I look like when I weighed 261 and I know it's not the truth but can't help it.

In other news, 141.2?!?!? You left me in the dust! Congratulations!!!!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 11/9/18 4:22 pm

Yes, a different guy. Interesting guy - I like him - and he is extremely attractive to me (with a Capital A)! We'll see what happens!

I know, isn't it strange how we can look great and slim one day, then we think we are suddenly looking 50 pounds heavier the next day? I haven't experienced this before yesterday, and hope I don't have to deal with it very often! Even when I weighed 60 pounds more I really was feeling like a hot bombshell and was super confidant! Strange how your attitude largely determines how others see and treat you, too. Now, so much more slender, anxiety and body dysmorphia kicked in. So odd! But I'll get through it without letting old emotional habits with food harm me. On that topic, I am absolutely determined.

Yes, day #4 at 141.2! I'm looking forward to breaking through to 139! it's been so long since I saw 13-anything on my scale! My 17-month surgiversary is on the 12th. I probably won't be there by then, but sooner or later, I will get there!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/10/18 6:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Keep in mind that you may be unduly hard on judging your body, probably harder than imagine else. I know plenty of women who have not had WLS that rely on the wonderbra, butt pads, spanx and look "different" without them. I don't know any of them that consider their "enhancements" to be a secret....although one friend said she was 30 before she'd take off her push-up padded bra in front of anyone, then she got tired of dealing with it, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/10/18 7:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

butt pads - and silicon butt implants, too: I really don't get this big butt fad!!! The last thing in the world I'd want is a Kardashian butt, but that seems to be the thing, now....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?