What's on your Monday menu RNY'ers?

ScaleSkater
on 11/12/18 6:21 am

Good morning. Still a pound to go on my vacation weight to get back into goal range, but did much better this week. Not perfect. Have a better plan this week and the house is fairly clear of my night food stuffs (only my wife's stuff is left and I generally stay away from that).

QOTD - I graze generally, but getting back to some balance/core and a few exercises at night to keep stress in check. The payoff is that the Move Strong instructor stopped me on the way out yesterday and said that she noticed I was doing some of the exercises perfectly now and that I couldn't just a month ago. Best was BOSU ball squats with weights. But mainly my stress control is playing with the dogs when I get home. They are just fun!

Off today, so no PW food (I will do some corework tonight). Also need to focus on steps as the "Healthy for the Holiday" fitness challenge starts today. Total steps (walking and imputed from exercise). Team and individual awards - individual award 1st place is a Fitbit Ionic (I want that ;) ). I'm also team captain ;)

B - 3 egg equivalent (1 regular and 2 eggwhite); sausage

L - 3.5oz left over chicken from a local restaurant on top of a small salad. They do such a good job. It did have some cheese on it, but had Artichokes, tomatoes and mushrooms. So good. Lasted 3 meals.

S - Fage and Pepper cheese

D - Roast beef and some edamame pods steamed

S - SF Jello and tea

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Emiepie
on 11/12/18 7:00 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck with your work fitness challenge. I think ours starts in a few weeks.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kakesie
on 11/12/18 10:29 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Playing with dogs is the best stress reliever!

Emiepie
on 11/12/18 6:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Thank you for starting the thread today. I am sorry you are dealing with some stress. I hope you get caught up on the work soon and feel better.

QOTD: I try and get out for a walk if I can or try and busy my mind.

Time since surgery: 4 years 3 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Jalapeno/Monterey cheese sausage, carbmaster yogurt, and iced latte bar

D: Grilled chicken, mozzarella cheese and Alfredo sauce on top of TJ spiral carrots, small spinach salad, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1262 Protein:126 Carbs:96 Fat:47

Have a great one!

If anyone needs a laugh for today...I had to call my husband and ask him to bring me my work pants as I forgot to pack them when I packed my stuff for the gym yesterday. I am currently wearing my work blouse and sweater with my gym shorts I brought for my lunch workout

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

LuckyLoser
on 11/12/18 6:57 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Gym shorts! That must have been a bit of a shock when you noticed you didn't have your work pants! Thanks for the good stress-relieving laugh!

I hope it's not too cold where you live -- it was 25 degrees in NE Pennsylvania this morning!

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Emiepie
on 11/12/18 7:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yeah, when I was putting my stuff in the locker I realized I was missing a hanger...oops! Luckily, my hubby doesn't have to do the school drop off this morning so it's not totally out of his way. Yeah, it's about 40 outside but luckily I will only have to go outside when he gets here with the pants. It just looks comical wearing a burgundy blouse and bright neon green workout shorts!

Emiepie
on 11/12/18 7:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I have been "panted".

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/12/18 4:08 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kakesie
on 11/12/18 10:30 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Glad your hubby could bring you your work pants! ROFL!

artchikk
on 11/12/18 6:54 am
RNY on 02/12/18

good morning everyone!

I'm officially 9 mo's post op today and exactly 135lbs lost as of this morning! I am super proud of myself and kind of excited to see my surgeon for my 9 month follow up next week!

the weekend was way too short as usual, but we did get a few things accomplished...the plumbing was fixed Friday afternoon ($400 later ugh)...Saturday we went for our family portraits and ordered our christmas cards...they turned out SO CUTE!! they even did a bonus shoot for Story's 4th birthday. I'll attach some of them on here.
yesterday I was leaving to do the grocery shopping and my car died in the driveway.
They told me last year I was due for a new battery but I've been putting it off...it was obviously time! I eventually got it to start and I went to Auto Zone but they couldn't do it for me because it was too hard to get to...so I had to take it in to the shop.
My mom picked up Story and I and we stayed at her house until it was done...of course it was ALL DAY because it was the weekend and they were super backed up...but at least it's done now and I don't need to worry about it. thankfully I didn't have anything else i needed to do yesterday but it would've been nice to at least be at home so I could get some laundry done or something.
I'm really tired of spending all our savings on this stuff though. I know this is what we have savings for, but I was hoping SOME of it would be there for Christmas. Guess everyone's getting homemade gifts this year!

QOTD: I used to always eat when I was stressed. I have had a day or 2 since surgery that I've overindulged but I have found that it doesn't work the same for me anymore. it doesn't soothe me like it used to because I just feel sick afterwards. I try to do something with my hands that causes me to lose track of time--crochet, painting, drawing, crafting or even just coloring in adult coloring books for mindless relaxation...I can't eat while I do any of these things.

B: coffee w/sf pumpkin spice creamer/ greek L&F yogurt.
L: leftover chicken cordon bleu casserole
S: buddig ham packet & string cheese
D: white chicken chili

happy Monday everyone!

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 282 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?