What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Librarian67
on 12/23/18 4:25 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! I've been up for a good while making preparations for Christmas brunch for friends. We are having turkey breast and I've had it thawing in the fridge for more than 48 hours. I came home last night and decided to check on it and it was completely frozen still! I panicked! I immediately stuck it in a sick full of cool water for a few hours and it is much better this morning. Another hour in the sink to make sure that it really is thawed before I add heat... The cats are being very helpful while my wife is still snoring for a while. I decided to take a break for some HB eggs after some coffee and get things started.

We traveled to visit my family in SE PA for the day yesterday to celebrate Christmas. There was ALOT of heavy traffic and some accidents, which made the travel long and difficult but we got there safely and back home again. People played generally nicely, so that is all that I ask. I brought ham and made oven scrambled eggs (amazing!). Most of the rest of things were carby. I filled up on the ham and eggs but I did also have several halves of cookies over the course of the day. I shared each cookie with DW so I could taste them but not really binge. I had decided going in that I would try some things after I had my protein and just enjoy them for the day. Maybe not the ideal decision but I've been maintaining for 14 months pretty well and this was my decision to splurge within limits. Thankfully the scales isn't up this morning but sometimes it can be delayed for me.

Today is brunch with friends and I am making a turkey breast, baked sweet potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts and having steamed shrimp and a cheese platter for appetizers. The guests are supposed to be bringing a salad of some sort and a fruit salad for dessert (I'm cautious so I have ingredients for both in the fridge, just in case). I also have some leftover yummies from yesterday if folks decide to have treats. A nice healthy meal!

QOTD: Do you have a favorite holiday song? Or do you avoid all of the jingles and fa la la's and play your own playlist? I really get VERY tired of the music played in the stores, which just annoys me. I also get really tired of the Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Frank Sinatra & many of the pop music versions of holiday classics. When I'm around the house I play an instrumental holiday playlist from Pandora or another streaming service. I enjoy having it in the background and humming along. I grew up on the Messiah, so I listen to that alot.

Menu:

B1: HB eggs and COFFEE

S: Chomps

L: turkey breast, baked sweet potato, brussels sprouts, and some fruit later

S: protein shake

D: ugh!

Exercise: I'd like to either run on the treadmill for a while or take a walk before it gets too dark after the folks leave

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Miss150
on 12/23/18 4:47 am

Excellent account of successful holiday mindfulness in eating and being able to enjoy it at the same time. Well done, you! Merry Christmas!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

catwoman7
on 12/23/18 5:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I re-discovered a coffee house the other day that we hadn't been to in a long time. They have live music Thursday through Sunday nights, so DH and I went back last night. Irish folk jam session from 7:00-10:00 pm. FABULOUS!! My brother is arriving tonight (from NC) - too bad it's Christmas week and there's not much going on at that coffee house because he's a musician and he would LOVE the place! They do have classical guitar there next Friday night, though, so I'll take him over there. Too bad we haven't been going there all this time!! I've missed out on a lot of years!

not much going on today. DH will probably want to go out for coffee this morning (I've been making coffee at home almost every day for the past couple of months and actually prefer having it here now while propped up in bed working on my laptop. But..I'll go out with him). Yoga this evening - maybe something cardio at the gym this afternoon. Bro's plane will be getting in at 10:45 pm., so we have all day to prep (not that there's much prepping to do...)

QOTD: I don't like the pop renditions of classics, either. Or silly stuff like "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer". Instrumental versions of classics are fine. I had to laugh at the mention of Bing Crosby. I went to a water aerobics class during Christmas week a couple of years ago. It was geared toward seniors. The regular instructor was out of town, so they had a sub. She played mostly Bing Crosby songs, I guess thinking the seniors would like it. Most of them appeared to be in their 70s or low 80s. About half of them left the class part way through (I did, too). I guess she didn't realize that Bing Crosby would have pre-dated a lot of these folks - they would have grown up with Elvis Presley and Bill Haley & the Comets, et al. Bing Crosby would have been more my grandparents' speed (i.e., my grandparents who would be 100+ years old if they were still alive). And doing water aerobics to him - ah, no thanks.

3.5 years out:

B: homemade coconut Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango

MS: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: cottage cheese

AS: protein pumpkin pie

D: leftover Thai-style stir fry (meat & veggies only)

I've been drinking this FF hot chocolate the last couple of nights. Wow. Very satisfying! I'll pick up some more at the store today...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 12/23/18 8:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

WhT brand is your hot chocolate? I've been just warming up some chocolate premiere for mine but always interested in new arm drinks!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 12/23/18 8:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Nestle's - it's FF/SF - 25 calories per packet (I'm going to see if I can find a can of it (with a scoop) next time, though - it's cheaper). I also bought some Swiss Miss SF hot chocolate - haven't tried that one yet, although it's 60 calories per packet, so I'll have to try that on an otherwise light calorie day. Since I like the Nestle's, though, I'll probably stick with that one in the future. 25 calories is really good and easy to work in.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/23/18 9:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Nice! Thank you!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Au_Contraire
on 12/23/18 11:39 am

I used to drink that all the time! Haven't seen it on the shelves in a long while - I'll have to search for it again. Thanks for reminding me!

Librarian67
on 12/23/18 6:48 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

What sweetener do they use?

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 12/23/18 7:07 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

just checked - sucralose

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/23/18 10:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My husband and I would love that coffee shop! Great find!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views