10yr out, gaining weight back...

LauraMJ1987
on 12/26/18 7:35 pm

I'm 31yr old,m and 10 year roux en y. I want to restart like I did immediately following my surgery and get back on track and get this weight off on my own. Can anyone share tbthe diets with me? I read that post op you should only eat between 300-600 Cal, lots of protein, about 0 carbs, and tons of water water, water! Any other suggestions? I've tried the 5 day pouch text but I didn't see a difference. I have an elipellip and I'm joining a water aerobics class too. My highest weight was 330lb, my lowest weight was 315lb, I'm currently about 278lb... I've had 2 babies since my surgery, the youngest being 14mos old. I need and want to prove to myself that I can do this. Help, share your diets, meal ideas etc. Ideally id like to get back down to at least 225lb or lower by April. Help, help, help. Any and all positive advise is welcomed and encouraged please.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/27/18 3:46 am

Congratulations on 10 years post op.

If you want to lose weight right now - it is possible, I am currently losing my regain. I already lost 10 + lbs, 10 more to go. But it is not fast. At best I can count on 2 lbs a month to lose consistently. And even with that I lose 2-3 lbs, stall, lose 2-3 lbs.

So far post RNY it would be difficult fo me to eat only 300-600 calories day after day... I do good on app 1000-1200 calories per day. PritePro, good fat and some small qty carbs, while trying to make sure carbs come from nuts, and veggies. OcasioOccasi I may have one fruits, but mostly berries.

But a very first thing I would check was to see a doc to make sure my insides are in a good condition, my pouch and stoma are good size, not enlarged.

Check daily menu for food ideas. Journaling and monitoring exactly what we eat is critical. Exercise can help with energy, but the weight loss is mainly due to calories ingested.

Is is realistic to lose app 50 lbs in a few months? Honestly - not that far from the WLS surgery. At one time I got really dedicated and I lost 18 lbs in 3 months. That was more than 1 lb per week. Close to 1.5 lbs. But I was very strict. And dedicated. The other 12 lbs I lost in 6 more months.

I don't want to disappoint you, but IMO - it's better be realistic, and lose more, that set myself for failure no losing as much as you would want to.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

seattledeb
on 12/28/18 3:28 pm

Protein first.

Post here. Particularly the menu thread.

No you will not lose that much. The rapid weight loss is a one time gift.

margame
on 1/8/19 1:16 pm

Hi, I am a little over 10 yrs out too. I have found that going back to eating more like we did new post op seems to work well for me. It allows us to sort of reset the restriction we once had. How about trying 4 low carb protein shakes a day and then a low carb low fat dinner? Maybe fit in one day a week where you eat three meals and two snacks that fit into your personal calorie goal? Wishing you well. Keep at it, you will find what works for you. Experience is a great teacher.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 439 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 431 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views