What are you eating RNYers? Saturday edition

NYMom222
on 12/29/18 4:05 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I have been MIA this week.... would like to say I was doing something exciting. Not. Still waiting to hear the verdict on my car. Ack.

I know lots of talk about holiday gain. Love that yesterday for photo Friday people posted before and after. We do need to remember how far we have come. I struggle with mental extremes and beating myself up. Reality is unless I ate 14,000 extra calories over 2 days at Christmas I did not gain 4 lbs of fat. So personally rather than going to the extreme of over restricting I just want to get back to normal routine.

Normal routine is my happy place. Haven't let exercise slide. Consistency over perfection.

Posting pic of me in my red dress from my Christmas party since I missed Photo Friday

QOTD: Give one of your favorite New Years memories. One year when my son was about 11, my neighbors and I did a progressive dinner with the kids. It was really fun.

B: Fairlife latte, overnight oats and protein

L: Greek salad

D: Butter Chicken, broccoli

S: protein, lite English muffin w/PB - pre-workout, veggies and cucumber feta dip.

Ex: gym

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/29/18 5:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow! You look fantastic in that gorgeous dress!

Many of us do focus so much on the numbers. I have slid back to my pre-holiday weight finally through consistency, but that weight is about 5 above the range I was happy in until the summer. So I need to stay consistently low in my calories to get back into that range. In other words no more splurge days for quite a while!

QOTD: The last Christmas with my eldest daughter is my favorite memory. We thought her cancer was cured and we were so happy to celebrate her life and the end of treatment. We were still hosting big Christmas's at our home including family from the West Coast (they don't come over the holidays anymore). We had two children in the group young enough to be excited about the gifts and we enjoyed all the hustle and bustle. I remember my daughter bringing a cheese log appetizer shaped like a Christmas tree. I still have the recipe for it.

2 Years 9 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 1 month)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken

D: 1/2 Lamb burger left over from yesterday's lunch (yummm)

S: cottage cheese, maybe some nut thins and hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

NYMom222
on 12/29/18 5:42 am
RNY on 07/23/14

What a beautiful memory

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

karenp8
on 12/29/18 6:01 am - Brighton, IL

Hugs,my friend,and thanks for sharing that special memory with us.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/29/18 7:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

What a lovely memory!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 12/29/18 6:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

That red dress is fabulous!! It looks great on you, too!

I totally agree about getting back to our normal eating routine rather than getting too restrictive. Thinking about really restricting my eating kind of stresses me out - whereas thinking of getting back to my normal eating & exercise routine seems like a huge relief. Plus overly restrictive diets never last long with me - too hard to sustain. Slipping back into my normal routine doesn't take nearly as much effort and is do-able long term. So even though it might take a little longer to get these holiday pounds off, I think that's the way to go. At least for me...

QOTD: I can't think of a specific New Year's memory, but every New Year's Day for probably the last 10 years we've gotten together with the same group of people for brunch and football-watching at my friend's condo. Hard to believe it's New Year's again - some of these people we only see that one time a year, and I swear it always seems like it's only been a couple of months!

My brother leaves today, so it's back to normal eating (although I'm guessing everyone will want to go out to lunch before he goes)

3.5 years out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, homemade blackberry/blueberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: ?? If I'm here, cottage cheese

AS: Carbmaster yogurt with raspberries or a piece of protein pumpkin pie

D: time to get started on these leftovers. Probably 2 oz of tandoori chicken with 1/2 C couscous salad

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Kakesie
on 12/29/18 6:07 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Cynthia and Menu Family!

You look AWESOME in that red dress, Cynthia!

QOTD: I think my most memorable New Year's Eve memory is 1999/2000. My mom got married to my step father at their home in Colorado. Saralisa was their flower girl and my brother's little boy was the ring bearer. They got married at midnight. They wrote their own wedding ceremony and it was lovely and very creative. There was a gorgeous full moon with a halo around it and fireworks were going off on Pike's Peak. After the ceremony we had confetti poppers, noise-makers and celebrated the wedding, the new year and the new millennium. It was a lot of fun.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 102, Calories - 1,395, Carbs - 141.

B: light & fit Greek yogurt, prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, 2 slices 45 calorie bread, cinnamon & sugar

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: chili, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana brownie

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen

Partlypollyanna
on 12/29/18 7:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That seems an amazing way to welcome the new year/decade/century/millennium! I bet they never forget their anniversary too!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Au_Contraire
on 12/29/18 11:41 am

What a wonderful celebration! It sounds very beautiful, Karen. I'll bet Saralisa was an adorable flower girl!

NYMom222
on 12/30/18 6:35 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Beautiful memory. So which day did they celebrate their actual anniversary?

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views