What is on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 1/11/19 2:34 pm

How about wearing compression leggings to an aerial class? Spanx leggings, for instance, will magically make anything even remotely saggy simply disappear. I have the velvet ones, in black, navy, grey, and bordeaux; they are amazing, soft and comfy, and they don't restrict me from moving in any way.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/11/19 9:48 am
RNY on 02/14/18

They are so fun...and the ladies that have been doing them for a while are so strong....like last night, they were suspended by their feet and holding on to handles in mid air.....and then did pushups against the handles in the middle of the air..my attempt was less than successful, lol, but I tried it!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/11/19 7:43 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Jen, when you smile your whole face smiles, it's the BEST!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 1/11/19 9:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

oh thank you!!

Jen

Haley_Martinez
on 1/11/19 8:42 am
RNY on 05/03/18

I'm in awe of your exercise routine in general lol all of the classes you are taking are things I would love to try, I just always feel like I don't have the time. Do you feel as though taking these classes has motivated you to stay on track with eating? I heard somewhere that the most effective thing exercise does for weight loss is put a littler person in our head asking us "why would you eat the pizza? you just worked your butt off at the gym for an hour!"

What do you think?

27 years old - 5'5" tall - HW: 260 - SW: 255 - LW: 132.0 - Regain: 165.0

Pre Op - 5.0, M1 - 25.6, M2 - 15.6, M3 - 14.0, M4 - 13.4, M5 - 10.8, M6 - 13.8, M7 - 9.8, M8 - 7.8, M9 - 2.8, M10-2.4, M11-0, M12-7

Lower Body Lift with Dr. Carmina Cardenas - 5/3/19

Partlypollyanna
on 1/11/19 9:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I don't know if that's true or not...pre surgery, when I first started working out, a lot of times it would be more like "I worked out, I can have pizza" than it would be "why would I have pizza, I just worked out"...and i would be hungrier too. I have always been a morning exerciser and I'm finding that when I do evening classes, I need an extra snack so I had to break up some of my meals so I have something smaller before work out and then have something for after -- even if it's just half a protein shake or a L&F.

On finding the time -- when I first started an exercise program, I laughed at the people that said "put it on your calendar" -- they were right, if I put it on my calendar, I find the time...If I don't plan for it, I don't find the time! It took years for me to get to that point though. Now, I'm just trying anything that looks fun and different because I really don't love exercise but it's important (and I feel better mentally when I do it....and I can't believe I've become one of those people too, lol).

Jen

Librarian67
on 1/11/19 4:15 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! Truly when it rains it pours! We ended up rushing our oldest fur boy to the emergency vet after dinner last night. We were carrying our dishes to the sink and noticed blood all over the dining room floor. We started checking each cat and found Louie was bleeding profusely from his right eye. It honestly looked like Halloween gore makeup on a black cat! It took us 45 minutes to get there with traffic and he cried the whole way. He is almost 14 and I really thought we might lose him or at least that he'd lose his eye. After a long wait, the vet came out to talk to us and said that he had a small cut in the conjunctiva at the bottom of his eye but there was no sign of and scratches to his cornea and no masses, etc. He is such a shy boy so having a spat is really unusual for him but apparently one of the other cats must have caught a claw in his eye. The good news is that he is back home with us and is suffering through the cone of shame! He is so sensitive and very embarrassed so I've been going out to talk to him and comb him which makes him purr very loud. He came to us from a local feral colony our first Christmas together 13 years ago and has never really socialized very much but he is a real love.

Speaking of sleep, it took a long time to relax after getting home so i am very short on sleep. Fortunately, I am working from home so I may take a nap on my lunch break.

QOTD: I had sleep apnea before surgery and used a CPAP. I used it for a couple of years and it did really help but it was really awkward to get comfortable! I got to discontinue it about 5 months after surgery and strangely I don't always sleep as soundly now. I think part of it is that with the mask on, the cats left me alone. Now without it, they come and want to snuggle or be pet so my night gets broken up. Also there are the night time romps and spats and galloping, so my Fitbit isn't always happy with me on sleep. I try to get to bed early because the alarm goes off at 4:30am and I have trouble winding down from the day sometimes. The worst thing is that even when I can sleep in the cats don't have snooze alarms and don't believe me when I fake sleep. Oh well, they are warm and soft and snuggly so having them in the bedroom isn't all bad!

Menu:

B: trying some cold brew coffee again this morning...so far so good but trying to limit it and not guzzle my first cup! Followed by some ham and HB eggs

S: Chomps or my new Stryve Beef biltong sticks...yum!

L: probably TJ's chicken sausages,baby carrots

S: turkey breast

D: steamed shrimp or TJ's pot roast

Exercise: a half hour cyber session with my trainer and I'd like to get in a walk or run if the wind dies down.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Kakesie
on 1/11/19 6:10 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Oh, poor Louie and poor you guys! That must've been really scary to have his eye bleeding so badly! I'm sure glad he is going to be okay. Is that Louie in the picture? What a gorgeous kitty!!!

Sheila_H
on 1/11/19 6:19 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Poor kitty. He is so cute.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 1/11/19 7:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am so glad he's ok!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 439 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 431 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views