Mental health and regain

Charity W.
on 1/30/19 5:00 am - Lawton, OK

Hi all! I have been a member for a while just never really got involved like I should on this site. After this last regain I know that I need some support so here I am.

Although I know that it is all me I put some of the blame of my regain on my mental health. I have bipolar I, Depression, Anxiety, and ADHD. The meds keep me tired and not wanting to do much of anything. Just making dinner is a chore so I try to keep it simple.

I may be having just a bipolar moment but I am ready to get this weight gone. I have my 2-week gastric bypass friendly grocery list ready to go. I plan on starting a walking program and will add weight training soon. I don't have any excuses. I have all the time in the day to get my exercise in with no distractions.

One major part of my regain has been coke. I have been weening myself off of it for over two weeks now and I am drinking crystal light and have a bottle of water handy. If I could keep this up I will see a major improvement in my weight loss.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I look forward to losing with you all.

Emiepie
on 1/30/19 7:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You can do it, you are worth it! Have you thought of joining the daily menu thread? I gain support, accountability, ideas and of course friendships participating in the group.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Charity W.
on 1/30/19 1:28 pm - Lawton, OK

Yes, I saw that thread and will start participating. I definitely need the accountability.

Writergurl08
on 1/30/19 9:04 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I've found that weekly meal prepping goes a LONG way to making sure I have good options and they're all portioned and ready to grab and pop in the microwave for quick, simple meals. Often, I'll throw a whole mess of chicken in the crock pot, on Sunday, shred it up, then divide it into 3 oz portions, then just add whatever condiments, seasonings, etc when I am ready to eat it. Buffalo sauce one day, maybe taco seasoning another, and maybe a lil marinara and mozzarella on day 3 to keep it from getting boring. It's also easy to throw on a lettuce salad.

Come post in the daily What's on Your Menu thread as well, it's great to get to know everyone here and kind of keeps me in the habit of thinking about what I'll be eating that day.

If you crave the fizz of coke, try adding your crystal light to sparkling water, or try some of the flavored sparkling waters. A lot of them are 0 calorie :)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Charity W.
on 1/30/19 1:33 pm - Lawton, OK

I cook a lot at one time so weekly prepping would be hell. But I may try it on some things.

Definitely gonna check out the what's on your menu thread. I need the accountability.

I just tried mixing crystal light with seltzer water and I didn't like the after taste. Don't care for the flavored water much. Is sparkling the same as seltzer...hmm will have to check.

Dcgirl
on 1/30/19 1:35 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Nope, they are different. I also think seltzer water tastes HORRIBLE, just rancid. But I drink fizzy flavored 0-calorie water everyday, along with my regular water :) The menu thread is a great place for accountability!

Nanners0828
on 2/4/19 11:00 am
RNY on 04/25/18

It's Crystal Light for me. I have had no soft drinks since surgery and don't intend to. Absolutely key to my weight loss has been the exercise. I swim 1 mile every other day. Sure, it gets boring, but without it, I would not have had the success I have had. Helps with stress too as I am so tired when done, it doesn't matter what went on during the day. I left it all in the pool. Good luck. Keep the faith.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views