What's on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 2/7/19 10:34 am

Sounds reasonable, Janet. Thanks!

cc583
on 2/6/19 5:07 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi everyone,

Sorry i've been MIA again. Another crazy ass work week.

Accountability on plan.

QOTD: I do really enjoy my evening snack. If I find myself wanting more I will eat a sugar free ice pop.

B: 2 eggs, 1/2 slice cheese, turkey breakfast sausage, 1/2 orange

L: 3oz turkey breast, 1/2 orange

S: 3oz turkey breast

D: 4 1/2 chicken breast, 1/2C broccoli rabe, 1/4C black beans

S: ostrim meat stick

Cals: 726, Carbs:30, Protein:100

Enjoy the rest of your night everybody!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

MadisonRose
on 2/6/19 8:01 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Still on the puréed diet so my meals are kinda boring. Although I did cheat a bit today. Today marks my 2 weeks since surgery and although I wasn't going to....I couldn't resist and weighed myself yesterday. So far I've lost 20 pounds. Not a lot, but it made me happy that I am at least making progress! Long ways to go though, so hopefully I can keep on losing!

B: 2 oz scrambled eggs (although I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to eat this as it's becoming gross to me and I found myself almost gagging this morning as I ate them).

L: 2-3 oz of light chicken enchilada soup

S: 1 babybel light cheese

D: 2 oz of baked salmon (this is where I cheated as salmon isn't on the list of foods I can have, but I've been craving it for soooo long! It's one of my favorite foods and it seemed to agree with me very well tonight. I just made sure I chewed it up really good)!

S: half of a banana with natural, no sugar added peanut butter spread on it. Omg so yummy!

Au_Contraire
on 2/7/19 11:00 am, edited 2/7/19 3:00 am

20 pounds down in 2 weeks is amazing, and I'm so happy for you!

I'm surprised that you were able to handle salmon at your stage. It took well over a year for me to be able to eat salmon (and some other types of fish) without then experiencing many hours of incapacitating pain, no matter how well I chewed each small forkful. I'm 19.5 months out, and even now if I am not very careful to reduce each bite to absolute smithereens before swallowing, I will be in pain for several hours - it last happened only a week or so ago. I have to just lie down and wait it out. I like salmon and live where it is in constant fresh, wild-caught supply, but yikes it has fought back hard against me many times! I know that some others here have fish very early post-surgery with no ill effects. Others are more like me, and some folks avoid fish altogether!

MadisonRose
on 2/8/19 7:32 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Wow, I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with salmon! I honestly haven't discovered anything that hasn't sat well with me yet. I'm very thankful and feel lucky, but I also feel a bit guilty since so many others have certain foods that they just can't eat. I'm sure that will probably change for me though once I'm cleared to eat more solid foods. Although l will say last night I was up until almost 4 in the morning with excruciating abdominal pain! I'm not sure if it was something I ate, but it was so bad I was almost to the point of going to the ER. Never felt that kind of pain before and I have a pretty high pain tolerance.

Thanks for the encouraging words with the weight loss! Down 5 more pounds today. So slowly, but surely losing. I'm sure it will stall sooner or later though. But for now I'll take it!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views