What's on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Amy Liz
on 2/6/19 8:49 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning all~ Crazy weather for sure, everywhere it seems! It was 28 degrees here this morning and that is friggin' cold for us! I also haven't been parking in the garage lately, so attempting to scrap the ice off my car this morning was interesting! I ended just letting the car warm up and melt. I couldn't make it anywhere there is winter and wicked cold these day, just no! I have a dentist appt this morning, and a busy day at work, so hopefully it will all go by fast!

QOTD - I used to be more of a huge meal person - a quantity eater, not really a snack person pre-op. I miss eating those huge meals - we really do eat with our eyes because even though I am used to eating small and being full/satisfied, I sometimes wish I could still eat that coma quantity again. I have incorporated an evening frozen greek yogurt now because sometimes I still feel like I want more food even though I am not hungry and even when I'm full. It gives me something to look forward to and it seem to work, it's like having ice cream every night.

Accountability - great!

2 years, 2 months - 167.4 - down another 2.2!

b-coffee x 3, L&F greek yogurt

l- albacore tuna with mayo, balsamic vinegar, celery sticks

d- eggbeaters w/ salsa

es - L&F greek half frozen

v/l - on track

e- working late

Have a wonderful day ya'll!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Librarian67
on 2/6/19 12:38 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Congrats on heading back in the right direction!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Au_Contraire
on 2/6/19 1:53 pm

Yay Amy!

stacyrg
on 2/6/19 9:00 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Morning and happy Wednesday. I can see the weekend and I'm so ready for it. It's already been a long week.

QOTD: Unfortunately I am. I'm hypoglycemic and if I don't have a snack before bed, bad things could happen. Trying to control what and how much i eat is a problem.

My plan:

B: chicken thigh meat and 2 tbs of brown rice

L: turkey, cauliflower rice and egg white

D: I have ground beef to use up so probably a breadless patty melt

S: I didn't sleep well so I'm allowing myself a latte. Also likely a yogurt before the gym

E: Spin

yvonnef1964
on 2/6/19 9:11 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning barely,

I had a counseling session this morning so I'm just getting on here and read.

Its freezing rain for Michigan too. It's supposed to happen again tonight. Least the salt melted the ice on roads so driving was good. Just hope I don't lose my electric again. At least it came back on right away.

Accountability, my calories were 1188 due to having extra coffee in the morning. I was hungry last night but not like it was on Monday. I'm taking part of my lunch and have it at supper time tonight.

Qotd yes I always want a snack but trying to get away from it especially at bedtime. Eating dinner later so I don't need one.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna and cottage cheese

D crack chicken and canned peaches.

Have a good day

Julia S.
on 2/6/19 9:11 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Definitely an evening snacker, I crave something sweet before bed and have been giving in lately which I need to stop doing.

Went to the movies last night so popcorn and a few milk duds, but I planned on it. Still not logging my food and I need to start, so I promise myself I will today.

Cold for us in the PNW mid 20's this morning, and they are saying more snow Friday into Saturday. I could do without it. Most of the precipitation evaporated off the roads, and they put down de-icer so the commute was good this morning. But a bad night sleep wise. I have a friend that I am now sharing my house with, and I am not used to the noises and having someone else in the house. I'm a really light sleeper and have a really hard time with noise, so I'm not sure how this is going to work. I have tinnitus so earplugs are not a solution, hoping I will just get used to it. But it was 1AM before I got to sleep and I have to be up at 6AM, so I'm dead tired today. There really isn't enough caffeine that my stomach could tolerate that would help today. I need to find a way to make this work as I have invested a lot of time and money to accommodate his moving in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great Hump Day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

artchikk
on 2/6/19 9:26 am
RNY on 02/12/18

Have you ever tried using a white noise/sound machine for sleep? I got one a few years ago and it is the best thing ever! My DH snores really loud and I wake easily from it. in the summer we use a fan and that kind of creates the same effect...
the sound machine I have is also an alarm clock/radio and has about 30 different sounds you can choose from...my favorite is the thunderstorm one. there are tons of them on the market, super affordable.

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Amy Liz
on 2/6/19 9:27 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I've had ear problems my whole life and suffered tinnitus for about year and a half due to an inner ear inflammation issue I had years ago. I was very sensitive to noise (still am) but what helped me was incorporating white noise like a smooth sounding fan, or hard rain sounds phone app or TV to sleep. What it did was distract me from the ringing and any people/house noises. It allowed me to relax and sleep. I still do this now.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 2/6/19 1:38 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Add me to the white noise people; I sleep with a fan on all the time and in hotels, I turn that fan on auto. I've also been using the calm sleep stories to help myself fall asleep.

Word of warning - I recommended them to my bestie and she used it, fell right asleep but a couple of days in had a short deep sleep and woke up while it was still going and panicked at hearing a man's voice in her room. Needless to say, she was done sleeping that night.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Au_Contraire
on 2/6/19 12:21 pm, edited 2/6/19 4:24 am

Hi my WLS peeps! Happy Wednesday!

It's in the mid-30s here and due to drop to the low 20's tonight. I've had to be out running around over the past couple of days and have been surprised to see virtually no plowing, salting, or sanding on the roads here, aside from the interstate. We're very far north and there are some big hills. For heaven 's sake, where are the snowplows? Evidently nonexistent! Anyway, everyone just inches gingerly along and making it on time to appointments requires leaving extra early. Complaining aside, I actually love snow, just not driving in it. Today is bright and lovely - the sky is a beautiful soft blue and the sun is shining! More snow is in the forecast. This makes me nervous as I am moving on the 15th-16th and really would prefer clear weather.

Today I weighed in at 126.4! That number is kind of mindblowing for someone who started at 353.6! 1.4 more pounds to go, then I honestly just want to maintain and stay steady! I do love how my smallest jeans now fit. If I just keep going without changing anything, will I just keep losing? I don't want to get too much thinner. Or will a new setpoint naturally emerge? I like how I look and feel, and at 5'8" I really don't want to drop under the 120s. Still, goodness, what a luxury problem to be contemplating after all of those miserable years spent feeling trapped in super morbid obesity!

QOTD: I have long been a late night eater. During the escalation to my becoming SMO and during the years spent there, I used to not eat at all until around 5 or 6, then eat steadily - huge, copious quantities of food - until midnight or so. Now I stop eating after dinner at around 7, but once in a while I experience real hunger after that, and though I can resist for a few days, if the hunger persists, eventually I cave and have a couple more hundred calories late in the evening. It's all high protein and low carb, but still. I have zero desire for sugary confections, breads, potatoes, or pasta, thank goodness. I have no desire for alcohol. I try to manage things by drinking astonishing quantities of tea, and mostly that works pretty well. I do love those Jordan's Skinny Syrups, especially flavors like caramel, salted caramel, toffee, etc. So I actually still get my sweets in, just not sugar itself.

One thing I have noticed is that during this time of ultra-high stress and dealing with my landlady's seriously aggressive behavior, is that while I have managed by and large not to overeat, compulsion still rears it's mean head. A couple of weeks ago I really, really wanted to clothes shop online, and I could feel that there was a compulsive element going on. I shouldn't have been spending any extra money and have stopped the behavior. Everything left from the fall and winter seasons has been deeply on sale and it was challenging for me to resist. I know this was a substitute anxiety-coping mechanism. Thank goodness, the damage wasn't too great, and I do love what I got. Nevertheless, I really do need to figure out some sort of healthier feel-good coping mechanism for when life freaks me out, because occasionally it's bound to be difficult. After I've moved and am settled, I will try to find a good therapist who is versed in the issues we WLS people deal with.

First: multiple huge mugs of tea

B: ham with espresso cheese

L: roast turkey

D: Everroast chicken, some sort of vegetable

Wishing you all happiness and peace today!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views