What's on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

bethmal
on 2/6/19 10:29 am
RNY on 12/26/17

I'm sorry that you didn't get considered for a supervisor job. My DH had a very similar thing happen to him around Christmas. I felt so bad for him. I feel for you.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Librarian67
on 2/6/19 10:38 am
RNY on 02/28/17

It certainly can be demoralizing.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/6/19 1:54 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Being in a supervisory role can be a BIG headache. You will probably be better off without that!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

cc583
on 2/6/19 3:49 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

What Liz said!!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Writergurl08
on 2/6/19 4:50 am
RNY on 02/15/18

You could have described the weather where I live to a T! Polar Vortex last week, got up to almost 60 over the weekend, but today we're in a winter weather advisory.

Qotd: snacking at dinner time is my worst habit. I've been trying to allow a yogurt or some other reasonable snack, but if I feel like it's going to lead me down a snacking rabbit hole, I just make a large pot of my favorite tea.

breakfast: coffee with premier

lunch:I believe it was burrito bowls today but I might be remembering wrong. I hope so, they do them about once every two weeks and I love it. I can get a bowl of meat with toppings!

dinner: smoked apple sausages/brats

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

karenp8
on 2/6/19 5:17 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning,menu friends! Rain right now here in Illinois but looks like there may be a break in a bit so Lily and I can get our 4 miles in. We'll try to sneak our short walk in later even if we get a bit damp in the process. Temps are almost 40 though so that's great! I always have a bedtime snack as we eat about 5 and my blood sugar is too low to exercise first thing in the morning otherwise. Goal for today is liquids as I didn't hit 100 ounces yesterday and weight is up a pound--126.4-despite being 100% on track. I HATE my scale!No extra bites or tastes and got my steps in so accountability was good. Here's the food for the day B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 2 slices deli turkey 1 slice provolone D 4 oz pork loin S 2 oz pork rinds with black bean salsa. Have a great day everyone and make the smart choices you need to mdet your goals. You deserve it!

catwoman7
on 2/6/19 7:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I know what you mean about the weight. I put on 3 lbs over the holidays and it's been hell getting it off! I'm never letting that happen again! I can't imagine how I would feel if I gained 20 lbs!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 2/6/19 8:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Oh I can imagine 20 lbs - I'm living this, it sucks!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 2/6/19 5:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Sounds like the Toronto weather is about the same as what we've got in Wisco. Everything is covered with ice this morning, which is much worse than snow. I haven't heard yet about the return of the polar vortex next week - God I hope not. That was *awful*!!

We're going to a board meeting/dinner tonight. Hopefully we'll be able to drop our Turkish guest off at the house where he's rented a room sometime before we go to the dinner. He doesn't really want to go to his lab today because of the ice, and also, he doesn't have all of his supplies yet for his research project, so he won't have all that much to do on campus until next week. I'm not sure what to do with him in the house today, and I'm kind of needing some alone time. Hopefully we can get out sometime to kill some time.

QOTD: late afternoon & evening are my worst times for cravings. I often cave in the afternoons, but I've been pretty good recently about not caving at night if I've already used up my calorie allowance for the day. I've been making myself drink things like hot herbal tea or FF/SF hot chocolate (if I can afford the calories on the latter) instead. Not quite the same as eating, but it helps somewhat.

3 years 8 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with blueberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 2 oz chicken in a Flat Out wrap with 2 T hummus and some chopped raw veggies

AS: something with a lot of fat or fiber so I won't overeat at dinner - maybe a couple of protein/peanut butter balls or a bowl of high fiber cereal

D: ??? I know the host of the aforementioned dinner thing has been considering vegetable lasagna or some sort of sweet potato/black bean stew

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

AnnyBananny
on 2/6/19 5:57 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Seriously, Daisy, climate change sucks (on so many levels)! It's another nice morning here, fairly mild and sunny, but rain is coming. Don't get me wrong, I like the brief reprieve from cold temps, but I almost think it's worse to be teased like this.

So...I spent the morning at an "injection class." I will be starting IVF treatment next week and I had to learn about mixing the various meds, etc. It was...overwhelming!

QOTD: I am 100% a snacker. I learned early on that I had to plan to eat 6 times a day, smaller calorie amounts. I also have a BIG sweet tooth, so I plan for that. When I don't plan in something sweet...I make poor choices, but if I know I have 2 Girl Scout cookies in my evening snack plan, then I can resist other things during the day.

TSS: almost 5 years

B: coffee with half and half x2, egg cups

S: Siggi's yogurt

L: Ever Roast chicken and goat cheese

S: apple and turkey sticks

D: leftover pork curry

S: PB pretzels and 2 lemon Girl Scout cookies

E: rest today

It's off to the races! Have a wonderful day, all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?