update on medical stuff

momyshaver
on 2/6/19 3:25 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

I am coming back around. What was supposed to be a simple day surgery diagnostic laparoscopy with possible feeding tube placement turned into something much much more complicated.

Some of my bowels were twisting and my surgeon thought that putting those back into place and attaching them how they needed to be would prevent more attacks. He was also able to insert a peg g tube rather than a jtube which was so great for me as a j tube seemed to come with more potential complications.

Long story short, my hospital stay drug out...I was rushed in for a second surgery where I had a blood transfusion, lacerated spleen and abcess, (which I am reading is not common so I don't know). I also had a CT guided tube inserted through my ribs/lung/diaphragm to try to drain the extra fluid from under the spleen. I was able to keep my spleen though so I thank God for that.

I am home trying to find balance again. I am pretty sore and just resting a lot,

Emiepie
on 2/6/19 4:01 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, you have been through so much. Rest up and get better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 2/6/19 5:03 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Rest up, take care of yourself and hopefully this is the last of your ordeal!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy R.
on 2/6/19 7:30 pm

Wow! you've really been through it. Hopefully you're on the mend. Remember to go slow and be extra easy on your poor body. Rest like it's your job. Because for now it is.

Hope to see you posting that you're back to better soon.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 342 views