Dr or nurse HELP - Upper GI - Please help me translate these results!!

LauraMJ1987
on 2/9/19 4:53 am

Hi everyone, I had an upper GI completed yesterday and the results have been emailed to me. I'm impatient and don't want to wait until a weekday when my doctor gets a chance to read it and tell me the results. Can you help me understand what the results are? Is everything still normal or has something changed/stretched etc? I feel like I'm able to eat a lot without getting full and I've been gaining weight which was the reason for the test. My surgery was done on 10/2008.

Impression: changes of gastric bypass surgery in the left upper quadrant. There is no structuring at the gastrojejunostomy. There was mild dilation of the gastric pouch.

Discussion: There are changes of gastric bypass surgery with barium opacifying the gastric pouch and promptly passing through the gastrojujenostomy into nondilated loops of jejunum. There was no opicification of the distal stomach. Note is made of mild dilation of gastric pouch. There was passage of barium through the jejunostomy.

Kathy S.
on 2/14/19 11:48 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Laura,

May I suggest you wait for your doctor to read the test. None of us here have a medical degree and would not be able to interrupt test results.

Hang in there And let us know what your surgeon/doctor says?

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

hollykim
on 5/22/19 1:19 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 14, 2019 at 7:48 PM Pacific Time, Kathy S. wrote:

Hi Laura,

May I suggest you wait for your doctor to read the test. None of us here have a medical degree and would not be able to interrupt test results.

Hang in there And let us know what your surgeon/doctor says?

actually Kathy,you should know that some of us here do have medical degrees. You advice to the original poster was spot on however.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views