What's on you Sunday menu, RNY'ers?

catwoman7
on 2/10/19 5:52 am, edited 2/10/19 7:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

if anyone can think of a QOTD, I'll come back here and edit my post. My brain hasn't fully turned on yet, but I need to post... (AmyLiz came up with one! Thanks AL!! 58 but feel late 30s/early 40s most days)

I spent most of the day yesterday with our Turkish friend, who's now back in the house where he's rented a room. He seems much happier now. Not sure if it's because he's finally sleeping more regularly, or if it's the electric blanket he bought, or if it's because it's gotten warmer recently (he arrived in the US during the polar vortex), but I was glad to see that he's in better spirits. I think he'll be fine!!

not sure what we're doing today. It's supposed to snow, so I haven't made any definite plans. I may just stay home and do our taxes if the snow ends up being too heavy to go out and run around (in fact, I may end up doing them regardless just to cross it off my list!)

Accountability was great yesterday - so was my weight!

3 years 8 months out:

B: protein pancakes with a dollop of homemade Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: deli turkey slices

AS: light yogurt or sweetened cottage cheese with raspberries

D: 2 oz chicken on a Flat Out with veggies

ES: same as AS

ex: yoga this evening if we're not snowed in!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 2/10/19 6:25 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! It's 20 here and we're getting a freezing rain/rain mix. Lily and I got our 3.5 miles in but it was getting treacherous by the end. If it warms up any we'll do another mile before supper. If not I'll do it on the treadmill. Accountability yesterday spot on and weight 125.2. Heres todays food B2/3 c earnest eats hot cereal with protein and probiotic Lslice deli turkey 1 slice provolone D tuna with 2 t ranch dressing and a pickle S last of the pork rinds with 1 T salsa. Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices!

Amy Liz
on 2/10/19 6:48 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning weekender's!! I didn't get much done yesterday beyond errands and the vet. Our cat was so stressed out in the carrier, the car, the waiting room, but was an angel with the Dr. The ride home howling a little less. He sounds like a baby trying to talk it's sort of cute but heart wrenching! I was afraid he would hide and be mad at us and when we got home, but he wanted to snuggle and I just couldn't say no to him! Lots of lap time from my very independent Bubba and i loved every minute. Today I'm not leaving the house - the garage will be sorted and staged, all the rooms in the house will be completely packed and cleaned today. I'm saving the kitchen for tomorrow. I can't beleive I move in less than a week, oh my!!

QOTD - How old are you, but better yet, how old do youi feel mentally and also physically? I am 50 years old but mentally I feel like about 20 - perpetrating as an adult and out of place, and physically I feel 35 on a good day and 70 on a bad one!!

Accountability - I had some SF syrup with my protein pancake that had sugar alcohols and I discovered some SF sour candies that were so good and had way too many - also w/SA and I got hit hard with this combo - what a nightmare!

2 years 2 mo - 165.9

b- coffee x 3, L&F GReek yogurt

l- 1/2 Jersey mikes turkey sub in a tub

d-other half ^ or eggs

es - L&F Greek yogurt - half frozen

Have a great day ya'll!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

karenp8
on 2/10/19 7:21 am - Brighton, IL

I am 59 but feel about 29 on a good day and 40 on a bad day. Actually I didn't feel this good at 29 because I was obese and miserable already by then!

Writergurl08
on 2/10/19 8:00 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning everyone! Yesterday DH and I went out thrifting just to get out of the house. I bought a nice pair of size 14 jeans to put in my "save for later" tote as I'm still comfortably in 16s at the moment. I also got a few XL tops to wear now. I find it amusing that one or two years ago when I was a size 24/26, a 16/XL was where I almost aspired to be--average American woman size. Now that I'm there, I realize that this is not where I want to end my journey by far--still over 200 lbs.

qotd: I'm 33, and still mostly feel my age, maybe a bit younger. I don't have kids so DH and I still go out to concerts and have fun, but I also like being home on weeknights, in bed with a book by 9 lol.

Breakfast: I have bacon in the oven! Bacon and eggs, then coffee through the morning

lunch: leftover chicken and veggie stir fry

dinner: chicken enchilada on low-carb tortillas.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Writergurl08
on 2/10/19 3:01 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Update: I tried on those jeans just to "gauge" how far I was from fitting into them. I can almost (but not quite) get them buttoned! It will still be a bit before I will wear them comfortably but that was better than I expected!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

peachpie
on 2/10/19 11:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi everyone!! I've done my run, grocery shopped and prepped dinner. I'm talking now- Tom a Benadryl cold a bit ago to help with unendding sneezing I've been having.

I couch surfed all day yesterday- and will finish out today the same. I only have one load of laundry left to do.

Qotd: I'm 41. I guess I say feel 26 physically, on a bad day I feel like a 26 year old having a bad day :-)

214 today, 3.8 years out

m1: egg, ham/bologna 2oz, 2/3 of a beligian waffle

m2: slice of bread with peanut butter

m3: ?? Likely shrimp- I need a protein kick

m4: pulled pork

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Greateight
on 2/10/19 12:01 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Just typed "good morning", but its 2:00 in the afternoon. So,"Good afternoon". It's cold and snowy here in Chicago, but I just ordered tickets to see Jimmy Buffet in Wisconsin on July 20th. Someday it will eventually be summer. The concert is outdoors near Lake Geneva, WI. My daughter will be in England studying, but the rest of the family is going. We will probably spend the weekend at the Grand Geneva hotel in Lake Geneva and tailgate for the concert. Oh, Summer.

QOTD: I will be 53 in April. At work, I feel older sometimes. We have mandatory retirement for partners at age 60 and some days it feels like a major challenge to get there. Outside of work, I feel younger.

Breakfast: Bratwurst

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Steak

Snack: Light and Fit

Dinner: Chicken fajita

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Au_Contraire
on 2/10/19 2:31 pm

Hello my Sunday RnY friends!

We had a big snowstorm and more is about to fall. Snow is forecast for today, tomorrow, and for Tuesday. Wednesday 's prediction is for a mix of snow and sleet. Finally it will warm up and rain by the end of the week. I stupidly parked by my door instead of in the road. That means there is an impassable, very narrow and steep, long gravel driveway with at least 10" of snow between me and the road. My landlady's ex was here yesterday with one of their daughters. They parked here just off the road in a 4-wheel drive jeep, but when it was time to go, though they shoveled themselves out, they still managed to get hopelessly stuck even after putting on chains! They had to have a guy in a big truck come to winch them onto the road. That guy took one look at my car and basically said I have no chance of getting out of the driveway, winch or no, until the snow is gone. Plus apparently they all think that even if I spent hours shovelling the driveway, I would then need to lay down more gravel to get anywhere. I don't have more gravel. Plus there are two big propane tanks right next to the narrowest, steepest, twistiest part of the driveway. So I am stuck! A kind neighbor in a behemoth of an SUV took me to the only grocery store on the island when he made a run, so I bought enough food for me and the cats until the end of the week. I really do love snow, I just was not thinking about where I parked - I have a lot on my mind - and now I'm paying for my lack of forethought. Not that driving these icy, unplowed hills would be smooth sailing anyway! But by Thursday we will be above freezing so at least I should be mobile then.

More packing today. Thank goodness I have enough boxes!

I weighed in at 127.0 this morning and am comfortably in size 0 jeans. Accountability has been great food-wise, but I bought a dress last night. It's very beautiful and was on deep sale. Providing it fits I will love wearing it. Still, I need to cut it out. I will not overeat, and I don't gamble or drink, but I truly don't need to be spending on extras right now. It's definitely a nervous, emotional control behavior. Though its better than overeating like crazy for calmness and succor the way I used to, that really will be IT for me and new clothes for the foreseeable future.

First: both tea and coffee - many big mugs!

B: ham.

L: chicken

D: roast beast.

Wishing all of you warmth, comfort, and ease.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views