What is on your menu today (Photo Friday) RNYers?

Writergurl08
on 3/1/19 5:03 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Last night we saw On Your Feet! At the Orpheum Theater. It's a bio-musical about Gloria Estefan. It was very good!

I have a new "work boyfriend." He declared me as such when I bought him a small cactus for his desk and attached a card that said "don't be a *****!" Because he's kind of the office prankster. He's actually a very warm-hearted, kind person but he keeps everyone in stitches all day long with his antics. My husband works at the same place I do, but in a different department and even though he doesn't work with this guy, he knows all about him and his jokes (he's fine with my work boyfriend situation lol). I really love my new job and I feel like the people I work with could easily become like a family.

Qotd: I have two firm down/memory foam pillows, a fleece sheet set for winter (we use the top sheet too), a thick comforter, and I have a third blanket on my side only (DH is too warm with it, but I like the weight too!)

breakfast: eggs and sausage this morning, then coffee

lunch: I wasn't familiar with what was listed on the menu, so I'll take a peek at what it looks like or have salad today

dinner: last of the salsa verde chicken

pic is DH and I being silly at the theater (yes I ate some gummy worms)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Kakesie
on 3/1/19 5:59 am
RNY on 02/19/16

What a funny picture, Cassie! I love it!

Emiepie
on 3/1/19 6:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Cute pic!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 3/1/19 5:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I brought our graduate student "adoptee" home again last night for a few hours and made blueberry protein pancakes for him, since I had this urge to do more protein pancake experimentation. Plus he does not get NEARLY enough protein. I'm on his case all the time about it. He ate eight of them! (altogether with the Greek yogurt I topped them with, he devoured 40 grams of protein in one sitting!). I had three (they were kind of small), also with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and some homemade blueberry sauce (no added sugar). They were great - a 250-calorie dinner (accountability was great yesterday overall - YAY!). I have enough of those - plus a few leftover pumpkin ones from a few days ago, to last me another week. In the mean time, I'm going to try to come up with some more flavors -- but those blueberry ones will be hard to beat.

this morning I have a coffee social/presentation on the US electoral college sponsored by this social organization I recently joined, then I'm going to a yoga class that our aforementioned grad student is interested in. It's a freebie sponsored by this center on campus that studies the effects of meditation on well-being (among other things). Should be good. Dinner tonight with a friend. We're going to a Mexican taqueria that has those small meat-with-onion-and-cilantro-only tacos, so I'll either order two of them or else one with a side of refried beans.

weekend: the Arctic air is back on Sunday (wait - isn't this MARCH???), so we'll have to do everything tomorrow. Mr. Grad Student suggested going to Milwaukee on Saturday, so we can do that. Personally I'd rather wait for a warmer day so we can actually do some walking around while there, but at this point, God knows when we're going to have a warmer day. A meteorology professor who was interviewed on the radio a couple of days ago said we're likely to have a long, cold spring because of all the snow cover on the ground - it's going to take quite awhile to melt all of that. Wonderful. So we'll go to Milwaukee tomorrow. I think he just wants a change of scenery for a day, and that's fine with us. If we're back early enough, there's a folk rock group playing at one of the coffee shops tomorrow night, so we'll go to that, too.

QOTD: I have a wedge pillow I bought when I had PS, which I just love now. I can't imagine sleeping without it. Plus it's great for propping myself up so I can easily read or work on my laptop in bed (like....I'm doing right now!). I also have four other (regular) pillows plus a decorative throw pillow that I put behind my head for some extra elevation while propped up. Also - microfleece sheets, a regular blanket, and big down comforter, and my bedspread, which doubles as my third blanket.

3 years 8 months out:

B: three protein pumpkin pancakes topped with Greek yogurt and apple/cinnamon compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: the other half of the chicken wrap I had yesterday (made with TJ's chicken strips, 1.5 T hummus, raw veggies, and a multi-grain Flat Out wrap). Maybe a L&F yogurt afterward if needed

AS: raw veggies dipped in hummus or ranch Greek yogurt and/or light yogurt

D: two authentic Mexican tacos - or one taco with a side of refried beans

ES: if needed, same as AS

ex: yoga

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

bethmal
on 3/1/19 6:02 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Blueberry protein pancakes sound delicious!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Greateight
on 3/1/19 5:39 am, edited 2/28/19 9:58 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, Daisy and menu crew. I am always fast to complain when a week drags on, so I will have to say that this week went by pretty quick. My dentist confirmed what my Baritrician said - the chipped teeth were not related to calcium deficiency. He agreed that its way too early and also said that teeth are the last place the body draws calcium from and if I had issues they would affect my bones long before my teeth.

I finally had the much ballyhooed light and fit Creme Brûlée yogurt yesterday. Marilyn organizes the Light and Fits for me by expiration date so that I don't eat all of the new ones and let the old ones go bad. The Creme Brûlée was way in the back of the yogurt drawer. Based on the color of the container I thought it was merely a prosaic pumpkin, but imagine my surprise when I pulled it out and it was the Creme Brûlée. I felt like i was allowed into a secret club.

QOTD: Pre-surgery I slept on top the covers in shorts even in the dead of winter. Now i sleep in sweatpants and hoodie under blanket, sheet, spread and comforter. Out of habit, I still usually prop my knees under one pillow but I don't really need to do that now that the gout has passed.

Edited because I forgot to post a menu:

Breakfast: Turkey sausage and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Fish

SnacK: Light and Fit (not Creme Brulee)

Dinner: TBD

Pictures are from Margarita night at the Blackhawks last week. I don't know the woman in the Margarita dress with the lime wedge hat, but it was a funny costume

Have a great Friday, everybody.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 3/1/19 6:30 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

The creme brulee description was too funny! Welcome to the secret club!

And I feel like Marylin and I will get along, because I organize the yogurts the same way.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 3/1/19 7:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Welcome to the creme brûlée club! Now you just need to join the ever roast club, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 3/1/19 8:29 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Yes, welcome to the creme brulee crew!! Hate to break it to you, but I found a new flavor last night - berries and cream!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 3/1/19 4:59 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Now you are just moving the goalposts!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4