What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

catwoman7
on 3/2/19 5:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Well the original plan was to take our adoptee grad student to Milwaukee today, but it snowed overnight (not much - but still, the streets and sidewalks are covered), and it's cold. Part of me is thinking maybe we should wait for a warmer weekend, when at least we can get out of the car and walk around while we're there. I don't know how exciting it'll be to just drive around in the snow and gawk at buildings. I'll talk to DH when he rolls out of bed - he was sort of gungho about it, so he may still want to go. We can go pick up "the kid" later this morning and do something regardless, but....ugh. I'm just not really in the mood to go anywhere semi-long-distance today. It's one of those days I'd rather sit home and drink hot tea or eat chili - or maybe catch a movie.

accountability was good yesterday even though I went out to dinner (had one taco - they really stuffed those tacos at this place, so I brought my second one home) and shared a bowl of ice cream with my friend (which was about the same amount of calories that that second taco would have been, given all the meat!)). I managed to stay within my calorie range, and my weight was down this morning. YAY!

I can never think of QOTD's - feel free to propose one, anyone!

3 years 8 months out:

B: 3 blueberry protein pancakes with a dollop of homemade Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry sauce (no added sugar), coffee with half & half

MS: mango protein shake

L: if we don't go to Milwaukee, then Everroast chicken (finally got some yesterday!!!) and a cheese stick or two (if we DO go to Milwaukee, then something safe)

AS: if no Milwaukee, then light yogurt and/or raw veggies dipped in hummus or ranch Greek yogurt

D: if no Milwaukee, then my leftover taco. If Milwaukee, again, something safe

ex: will go to Zumba later this morning if we don't go to Milwaukee

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 3/2/19 6:11 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! A friend caneninto town last night and we watched the first Happy Death Day, and our group wants to see the second at the theater tonight. It's not really my kind of movie but I'll go for the socialization.

Im also getting my hair re-done this morning and adding some green in with the blue

Accountability: due to friend in town I skipped my planned dinner and joined them for ordering pizza. I had 2 slices. We're going out tonight but I'll make a better choice.

Breakfast: coffee with premier

ill have a yogurt before my appointment

lunch: I'll be getting my hair done over lunch, so I might skip it today

dinner: I have no idea where we're eating tonight, but I may plan in a handful of movie popcorn. I know my friend will order some and I will be helpless to resist having some of his.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Amy Liz
on 3/2/19 6:15 am, edited 3/1/19 10:26 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good moring! I had a lovely evening last night out with my sisters planning our camping trip. Much needed girl time which I don't get much of these days. Today it's raining but we are still movinng forward with our yard work plans as best we can. I have more unpacking and shopping to do as well. I love our new home, it's working out wonderfully. Sometimes wrenches get thrown at you, but things work out much better all the way around!

QOTD - The ice cream question the other day got me thinking...I'm considering making my own protein ice cream using a great tasting protein shake. Has anyone every tried this? I was looking at a mini ice cream maker that fits a pint at target for 20 bucks. I was thinking of RTD shakes or Quest protein powder mix which I know I like, Any way please share any experience or suggestions for brands or flavors you especially love!

Accountability - I had a ****tail last night, a gin and tonic. It relaxed me quite a bit! Not my thing, but it was nice.

2 years, 3 mo 169.5

b- coffeex3, L&F greek yogurt

l-eggbeaters and salsa

d-chicken and salad

es- not sure - protein ice cream? or frozen yogurt

v/l on track

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 3/2/19 6:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD: I froze a protein shake once. Knowing me, it was almost certainly Syntrax or Unjury powder mixed with unsweetened almond or cashew milk, but I'm pretty sure I mixed in some regular milk, too, so it would freeze up more like real ice cream. Even with the fat (from the milk), it froze up much harder than regular ice cream, although I just had to leave it out for awhile to soften it up a bit. I think it was pretty good, although that was the only time I ever did it. I'm thinking about freezing some Greek yogurt sometime, though..

Amy Liz
on 3/2/19 7:29 am
RNY on 11/21/16

post op, i had gotten to the point where I could not even swallow protein shakes they made me gag. I started sticking the PP in the freezer and when it got icy, it was easier to swallow. I was hoping that the ice cream maker/churning would prevent the ice crystals and chuncks and make a smooth freeze. When I freeze greek yogurt, I only go about half frozen and break it up with a fork and stir really well, but i may try it in the ice cream maker and see how that comes out, i'll bet its great.

catwoman7
on 3/2/19 11:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've read it's really easy - easier than making ice cream. You just dump the Greek yogurt in the ice cream freezer and turn it on... I definitely need to try it sometime..

karenp8
on 3/2/19 6:34 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Since I have a very busy day today Lily and I got up early and did our 4 miles. We came back and I gave her a bath as we're getting ready to leave after lunch fir acmonth at the distribution warehouse and I don't want to be shut up in a small RV with a doggy smelling dog. After the month we stop at home for long enough to restock,swap out some clothes and then drive an hour and a half south to work for 3 weeks at a church in Hillsboro,Missouri. This morning will be busy getting freezer and closets stocked and ready to go. QOTD never made or even eaten eaten protein ice cream. I can't be trusted to portion correctly so it doesn't come in my house. I can't even be trusted with protein bars as I want to overeat them and they make me crave sweets in general. Makes me sad because they have such yummy flavors but it is what it is. Accountability was good yesterday even though I was craving sweets so bad I went to the store and debated getting something. I eventually stepped away from the cookies and chewed some sugar free gum instead. Weight today 124.4. Heres the food plan B2/3 c earnest eats pro hot cereal L 4 oz leftover fish from dinner last night D 4 oz burger with cheese and mayo S meat stick. Have a great day full of amazing choices my friends! Time for coffee now!

Amy Liz
on 3/2/19 7:33 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I hear you on portion control, so my plan was to make one serving at a time of either yogurt or protein shake. If I made a big quantity I'd eat until it was gone for sure!

Greateight
on 3/2/19 7:37 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning. I am kind of a tennis widower this weekend. And my sons were up all night gaming, so they will be sleeping all day. Marilyn is heading to Arizona for a vacation with her tennis group on Wednesday, so I am trying to get ready for that today. I would like to make something in the slow cooker Wednesday that I can have for dinner most of the nights that she is gone. My sons won't eat leftovers, so at best that will feed them for one night. My older son is very particular about what he will eat. (most of which is junk). Hopefully we will go out for steak next weekend.

QOTD: I have not tried the frozen protein.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bars

Lunch: Pork chops

Snack: PB FIT and apple slices

Dinner: Beef lettuce wraps

Have a great day, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

peachpie
on 3/2/19 11:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hey everyone! It's been a busy Saturday so far. Started with my run, then took the boy to piano and then did a huge (aka expensive) grocery run. Now headed to the bakery to get a cake for the birthday kid (and a treat for me :-) and a few odds I forgot. The kid decided he wanted wanted a quality steak for his birthday... love how my kids picked up the taste for the finer things in life :-)

Time since surgery: 3.11, 214 today

m1: egg and turkey burger with cheese

m2: left over stuffed flounder and an English muffin w/cheese

m3:

m4/ my son is making bang bang shrimp

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?