Starting liver reduction diet on Monday

TipsyT
on 5/30/19 11:21 am
RNY on 06/18/19

Howdy! My RNY surgery is scheduled for June 13th. I will be starting my liver reduction diet on Monday and it will run for 10 days. Any advice from those of you who have gone before me?

TIA

Trish

Liz J.
on 5/30/19 12:25 pm
DS on 11/29/16

Only buy a few of anything... you may get tried of certain things really fast. Same goes for after your surgery.

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

TipsyT
on 5/30/19 6:05 pm
RNY on 06/18/19

Oooo, good advice. Thanks.

catwoman7
on 5/30/19 12:44 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I thought that pre-op diet was the worst part of the whole process. It was almost a relief to head into surgery after that! You'll have to just white knuckle it the first two or three days - it does get better once your body goes into ketosis and you're not as hungry anymore. But the first couple of days are tough... Many of us have gone through it, so it's do-able, though!!

TipsyT
on 5/30/19 6:06 pm
RNY on 06/18/19

Thanks. I've already started a list of things to do to keep my mind off food for those days. Thankfully, I'm an artist so drawing can keep me busy most days.

ScaleSkater
on 5/31/19 10:36 am

I always snicker at these posts thinking back to my experience. I had to do this phase for 49 days pre-surgery and technically wasn't allowed anything other than a small list of very sweet protein drinks and raw veggies. I had to beg to get some bone broth thrown in no more than 3 times per week (and this was after 4 weeks before they'd allow it). 10 days is survivable. The first 3 days, as with any big change is the hardest. If it feels bad - just white knuckle it and know it will get better quickly. Actually by the end, other than the broth thing, it wasn't too bad. I just was getting so sick of the sweet, so if your plan allows - be sure to mix it up.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

TipsyT
on 6/1/19 10:29 am
RNY on 06/18/19

Thanks. I'm actually not worried about not making it. I can do practically anything for 10 days (except hold my breath ;-) ). But I've got some good tips on things like making cream of veg soups, protein pancakes, and the like that I think will really help.

49 days! Oy! Reminds me of the early days on WW when you had to eat fish and liver. Oh, we've come a long way.

White Dove
on 6/1/19 5:36 pm - Warren, OH

Liver for almost every lunch, poached monk fish for dinner, pancakes make from bread, and tomato sauce from tomato juice. But we sure lost weight on those weird weigh****cher foods.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?