Liz J.
on 7/17/19 10:12 am
DS on 11/29/16

Thanks! I train and show dogs!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Queen JB
on 7/17/19 10:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Corgis are so freaking cute. You must have so much fun!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz J.
on 7/17/19 10:59 am
DS on 11/29/16

I have the Corgis with tails! I love them sooo much! I'l try and post some pictures tomorrow!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Julia S.
on 7/17/19 2:43 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I really good friend of mine had corgi's. She called them Electrolux vacuums because they do resemble them and eat everything. They are one of my favorite dogs! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

MadisonRose
on 7/17/19 7:42 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Hope everyone is having a nice Wednesday. I have forgotten how tough dating can be. In the process of setting up a date with someone new and I've already had those old destructive thoughts creep back into my head. I am so self conscious about my weight.....like how can someone so in shape be attracted to someone like me? Scares the crap out of me....sigh. Maybe dating isn't the best thing for me right now. Lol. Anyway, I've found that by drinking coffee mid morning that I'm not longer hungry for a morning snack. I'm so glad I can drink coffee again!

B: premier shake

S: coffee w/Splenda

L: salad

S: laughing cow cheese dippers or almonds

D: baked salmon w/yellow squash and zucchini

S: fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Dcgirl
on 7/17/19 9:03 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hmmm that's a tough one, MadisonRose! I also dated while I was losing and once I had lost the weight. While I was losing, I felt weird meeting "for a drink" because I wasn't drinking! Then once I lost the weight, I felt weird because a few dates in I would think, what if we get intimate sometime in the future and I am so wrinkly. I realized that I was really overcomplicating things and 99% of men don't care if you drink or don't drink and 99.9% of men are just happy to be with a naked woman and aren't obsessing over your skin ;)

That being said, internal thoughts are tough to stop. Try being kind to yourself and thinking about all the things that make you amazing - your love for your family, your kindness, your intelligence...and make sure you go to those dates confidently, knowing your worth! You are far more than a number on the scale :)

MadisonRose
on 7/17/19 9:57 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate that. Yeah it's definitely awkward when they want to meet up for drinks as I was never a big drinker before surgery (maybe once or twice a year if that) and I certainly don't drink now. Then there are the coffee dates which is still awkward since I don't like to order coffee from anyplace because I have no clue what they put in it....I only drink coffee I make myself. And I could always choose not to have a coffee, but then that would be weird being in a coffee establishment and not drinking coffee. Lol

I was upfront with him though. He knows I had the surgery and I told him I'm very self conscious about my weight. (Maybe I let too much out of the bag too soon). Anyway, he said it doesn't matter as he's attracted to my personality. So we shall see. It's funny as we lived in the same small town many years ago for several years, but never crossed paths and now we just so happen to live in the same area again. But you are definitely right....those negative thoughts are hard to stop from popping up.

Dcgirl
on 7/17/19 10:09 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I also used to be honest about having surgery and mentioned it in an offhand way. I would say something like, "oh yeah about a year ago I decided I wanted to lose weight and ensure I can live pretty much forever, so I had a procedure and I've been eating super high protein and working out and have lost a bunch of weight". No one ever made a big deal out of it or seemed to be horrified or anything :)

Queen JB
on 7/17/19 10:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

So sorry you are struggling with intrusive thoughts. No fun. I feel so grateful every day that I met Grim here on OH! It is so easy to be vulnerable about my weight issues with him since I know he understands completely. I am sure that person is out there for you, too. I know I kissed a lot of frogs, before I got here...

Oh and one more thought about the coffee! You may notice that in my menu I add in "Big Train Fit Frappe Mocha" into my hot coffee every day. It adds in 65 calories, but it also gives me 11g protein and really helps keep me satiated. I discovered it early on and haven't gone back. I have it at least 4-5 times a week. It kept me going for a 3.3 mile run this morning with just that in my system until I came home. I get the big bags on Amazon!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 7/17/19 10:28 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thanks! I will have to check that out and try that in my coffee!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?