What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

catwoman7
on 8/20/19 5:03 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I've gone down rabbit holes looking for info on serial killers, too!

Amy Liz
on 8/20/19 5:21 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

YES!! All the serial killers! I get sucked into TV too -Snapped, Forensic Files... I'm just fascinated - oh and cult stuff too!!! I just don't understand why people do these things.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Julia S.
on 8/20/19 7:35 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- After seeing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood I had to go research the Manson Family. A long time ago I read the book Helter Skelter and was appalled and fascinated by Manson's power to manipulate and control people. I'm easily distracted at times and end up down the rabbit hole on lots of things.

I ended up yesterday at 1113 calories, 104P, 9F & 157C. Not great but not absolutely horrible.

I'm at 41.6 miles for the month, so should make it to 50. I went walking with my roommate last night, he was on a bike and I was walking. His comment was you really walk fast. I've gone from an average of over 20 minute miles down to 16:52 yesterday. I will start running again soon. I would like to do the 5K Race for the Cure again. If you have never done one, it is so worth it. The energy is incredible, at the end of my first one I cried. It had always been my goal and I finally accomplished it, and in a Pink T-shirt as a survivor. So this one is near and dear to me.

I decided to wait until next year for the redwoods. My roommate is not in any shape to do many activities. After the bike ride yesterday I realized how out of shape he truly is. He only made it 5 mins before he needed to rest, and then another 5 mins. But at least he is doing something. He did a little over 2 miles, while I did 3.4 miles. I told him that once he starts losing weight everything will get a lot easier.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Queen JB
on 8/20/19 4:31 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Ugh yeah the stories surrounding the Manson murders are really insane. I listened to an interesting podcast about the very young Charlie's childhood and adolescence. It was sooooo f'd up. I think people should talk more about that--it really isn't a mystery how bad adults are created...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 8/20/19 5:05 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I've "researched" them many times - like pretty much every time one of "Charlie's girls" is up for parole. I knew one of the members of his family was a graduate of the Univ of Wisconsin, and she was a student employee at one of the libraries (not mine, though - we have several libraries on our campus). I looked her up - her name is different now, but it's her...and she lives here in town!

Partlypollyanna
on 8/20/19 4:40 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I just read one you might find interesting called Chaos -- it's by a writer that was assigned to write a 25th anniversary article for Premiere Magazine....20 years later, he's still obsessed with the case and has gone deep into some of the conspiracy theories (was Manson a snitch so they didn't arrest him right away, did the government use the Family for "mind control" testing). It's a fascinating look at some really crazy ideas.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

stacyrg
on 8/20/19 7:51 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Morning all and happy Tuesday. Surprised I made it through Monday. First, Sunday night was my friend's daughter's bat mitzvah. It was an amazing night. But it was all outside and I attract mosquitoes like no one's business, AND I'm allergic, and i forgot to put my repellent on. I didn't feel it when I was getting eaten alive, but in the middle of the night, i woke up tearing chunks out of my legs. So I spent the day slathering my legs in Benadryl cream and waiting to be able to go home. Then we had a court filing. The paralegal in the office leaves at 4, so it was up to me to get it all filed with the court. Luckily the assistants in my old office training me well. Needless to day, between the stress of the filing and the poison coursing through my body, I couldn't wait to get home. Fingers crossed that today is a calm day.

QOTD: I saw a story the other day about new rules for climbing Mt. Everest. So Everest was my rabbit hole. I'm also more likely to fall down the hole watching you tube videos.

My plan:

B: ground turkey, .5 oz pesto, .5 oz cheese of some sort

L: leftover steak

D: more steak or chicken

S: homemade latte, cottage cheese with blueberries before the gym

E: spin hopefully. This time of year is difficult with traffic. Dodger Stadium is between my office and spin and the Blue Jays are in town tonight. So, I'll have to fight stadium traffic. I got in a bit early this morning so maybe I can sneak out and give myself some extra time

Queen JB
on 8/20/19 4:35 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Did you see the John Oliver episode about Everest this summer?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

stacyrg
on 8/20/19 4:54 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

No. I should try to find it

catwoman7
on 8/20/19 5:08 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

another rabbit hole! Just the other day I was reading up on the corpses on Mt Everest. There are around 200 up there. It's too dangerous to bring them down, and the cold and lack of oxygen keep them preserved, so...they're still up there - some for decades.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views