Cold sweats

Tracywaites
on 9/11/19 8:53 pm

Does anyone get hot and cold sweats? I can't imagine working like this I'm soak and wet all day and I'm now 4 weeks post-op

catwoman7
on 9/12/19 3:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I don't remember having that, but I wonder if it's related to the "hormone dump" that a lot of people tend to get after surgery (??) (many women have screwed up menstrual cycles the first few months post-surgery due to that). If that's what it is, it should stabilize after awhile..

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/19 7:25 am

It might also be a very healthy reaction of your body to sweat out accumulated ( now freed and circulating in your bloodstream formerly fat-stored toxins ) .

Youre cold cuz you're losing your protective fat covering ! You'll get used to carrying a jacket or cardigan everywhere and dressing warmer eventually !

I really like to encourage my body to sweat once in a while by sauna-ing , sitting in a hot tub or taking a hot yoga class . Clears the skin ... makes ya look and feel lighter happier and more energetic ( of course it's hell on the hair-do lol )

Daisydoo02
on 9/12/19 9:11 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I have hot flashes all the time but I am peri menopausal. After surgery I was frozen all the time, it pretty much happens to us all, men & woman, losing the weight and the hormone changes we are cold even in the dead heat of summer for the first 1-2 yrs.

The only time I have had "cold" sweats is because I ate too much sugar and got RH (Reactive Hypoglycemia). I ended up being lactose intolerant after my RNY and didn't figure it out and was having a Starbucks Grande Vanilla latte and getting major reactions form the milk.

I hope this passes for you but don't be surprised as you lose the weight that this winter you will be extraordinarily cold.

Best of luck

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Tracywaites
on 9/12/19 9:15 pm

Thank you! I found out I've got an infection! Had been running fevers

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views