What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

MadisonRose
on 9/23/19 3:36 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone. Monday's come so fast! I want my weekend back. Ugh!

QOTD: hmmm....I didn't really drink any shakes right after surgery. I know in the hospital they brought me one of those Ensure or Boost shakes.....can't remember which one it was, but I took one sip and I wouldn't touch the thing after that. It was so disgusting! I bought a whole bunch of premier shakes before surgery because my friend who had the vsg recommended them. I didn't even try them first I just bought a whole bunch of them. Well guess what? Day one home from the hospital, I tried one and said no thank you! It was soooo nasty to me and I remember thinking what have I done to myself? Now I have to drink disgusting shakes and eat disgusting food for the rest of my life....no going back. I was so pissed that I wasted so much money on these damn shakes that I'd never drink! It wasn't until about a month or two later that I tried it again and that was that. They are now my go to shake and I couldn't live without them. Lol. My mom also made me some kind of shake concoction right after surgery with L&F vanilla yogurt, puréed fruit and I forget what else she put in it, but it wasn't bad.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: roast beef deli meat and smoked Gouda roll up

D: baked salmon and Brussels

S: Apple or L&F yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 9/23/19 4:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yuck, agreed--I have never been able to stand the chemical taste of any of the pre-made ones, so I wasted a ton of money on those too!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 9/23/19 3:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I'm glad you had a nice weekend and I hope you continue to feel better. Happy Fall-even though we might hit 95 today.

Accountability: Not bad.

QOTD: I didn't do shakes until about a year out. I did the premier usually banana blended with ice.

TSS: 5 years 1 month

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Fairlife latte, Buddig turkey, mixed nuts, and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Beyond burger sausage, green beans, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with butter and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1462 Protein: 128 Carbs: 108 Fat: 65

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 9/23/19 6:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

this is going to be a really busy week (not today so much, but the rest of the week - yikes!). My new collapsible duffel bag and packing cubes should be arriving today, so I'll get back to packing for my upcoming trip. So much to do before I leave - packing plus other loose ends that need to be tied up before I leave since I'm not sure how "available" I'm going to be....

my weight was down 2.2 lbs this morning after a day of not eating out, low carbs, and low sodium - yay! I'm feeling much better. Unfortunately, I have several meals out this week, so I'll have to plan carefully - and behave!

QOTD: My favorite lines are Unjury and Syntrax. I also added Quest when I was about a year out (Quest powder isn't whey protein isolate, though - so not the best choice for new post-ops. But I like a lot of their flavors, too). I've come up with so many concoctions that it's hard to pick one. I like mixing peanut butter powder (Syntrax Matrix) and Quest cinnamon powder in a 2:1 ratio and adding a little SF butterscotch pudding mix (plus unsweetened almond or cashew milk). Or various iced lattes - I'll add some cold brew coffee or espresso powder to a chocolate or vanilla shake and sprinkle in some cinnamon - and sometimes a quarter of a frozen banana, too. Or a vanilla shake with matcha tea powder. Or sometimes I'll blend a vanilla shake with frozen strawberries (sometimes adding a little SF cheesecake pudding mix) - or a vanilla shake with some mint extract (and a little vanilla SF pudding mix) and green food coloring. Or an old standby that's very easy - chocolate Syntrax with Quest salted caramel in a 2:1 ratio. I'll sometimes add cold brew coffee or espresso powder to that one, too. And I always blend in ice with my shakes - unless I make the one with frozen strawberries, since that serves the same purpose as ice. I like them cold and milkshake-like, thus - the ice (and/or frozen fruit in some cases)

4 years 3 months out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt and homemade fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with diced turkey and light dressing

AS: crustless protein pumpkin pie and/or L&F yogurt

D: maybe half a Beyond Burger on a "slim" bun with lettuce, tomato, and light mayo

ex: something. Maybe a yoga class. Or a long walk since it's a nice day!

have a great day, all!

Partlypollyanna
on 9/23/19 6:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I go back and forth with packing cubes -- but I do love to use them if I have a couple of days in one location and then a couple in another -- you can pack them by location vs doing all shirts in one all pants on the other, so it makes it really easy to keep your stuff organized. I'll put all my swim stuff including hat and screen in one, etc. when do you leave? It's soon, right?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 9/23/19 7:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Oct 5 - so less than two weeks from now!! It's really snuck up on me!

That's a good idea to pack by location. I'd been thinking of using one for all of my snack items (protein bars, packets of protein powder, individual bags of mixed nuts, packets of Crystal Light) and another for electronics-related stuff (cords, cables, electrical adapters) since that kind of stuff tends to get lost in my suitcase, but packing for locations might make a lot of sense, since we'll be in Delhi/Agra/and a couple other hot places the first week (so...very light clothes), at a yoga retreat the second week (just taking two pairs of stretchy capris and a couple of short-sleeved shirts for that), and in the mountains the third week (maybe two long-sleeved shirts and a couple of sweaters). So anyway - packing for each location sounds like a great idea!!!

I'm curious to see how I'll like them. The leader of our group swears by them and heartily recommended them, but I know others don't find them as helpful. But...we'll see. They may make a lot of sense for this particular trip....

Queen JB
on 9/23/19 12:08 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Two weeks! SO exciting!

karenp8
on 9/23/19 6:40 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! A pretty day here in Illinois and Miss Lily and I have our 3.4 miles in already and will do more later this evening. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 121.4 today. QOTD I hated shakes especially the premade ones. The smell just made me sick. I was happy to leave that stage behind. Here's the food plan for the day B 2/3c earnest eats hot cereal L 4oz deli chicken and cheese D 4 oz cheddar brats 1/4 c green beans S 1/2 c blueberries. Hope you have a wonderful day full of healthy choices!

supershopper
on 9/23/19 6:50 am

hi all

quick one-didn't sleep last night- 5 trains, barking dogs and some type of arrest next door about 6 pm. I can't wait to get outta here Friday and into someplace that makes me feel safer and more quiet.

workout today, hopefully it isn't too painful

scale has still not dropped the 5 pounds from week before last- not happy about it... damn mind games

food for today

shrimp veggies

shrimp veggies

oatmeal

more veggies

coffee

water

more coffee

more water

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Queen JB
on 9/24/19 2:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh wow, that sounds like a terrible night! Hope you get some better rest tonight!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views