What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 10/20/19 3:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday. Mine was nice. I went on a pretty fall walk, got my hair straightened (yay!) and hung out with a friend. My friend spent the night, so we will hang out a little this morning, too :)

Accountability: We ended up getting pizza for dinner last night. It put me slightly over on carbs but I managed pretty well around it. My day ended up looking similar to today's menu (still over on my carb goal, but okay on calories).

QOTD: What is on your keychain? I just have a car fob and my gym pass because we use a key code to get in the house. For years, I had a ton of keys with me at all times (I think I needed 5 just for my condo, plus my car, work, etc).

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 10/20/19 6:35 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Another overcast day here in Illinois but the temps are in the 50s already so that's good. No plans except a bath for Miss Lily and a couple loads of laundry to be done so we have work clothes to start out the week. QOTD only a car fob and a camper key. Our house also has a keyless lock now too and I love it. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 121.2 today. I am in a food funk though--just tired of eating healthy and jealous of those who don't. It hit me when we went out to eat fish yesterday and everybody has plates loaded with fries and crunchy greasy fish and here's my plate with 31/2 oz of grilled fish with bread that I don't even eat. It made me kind of sad. And then 90% of the people in the restaurant had delicious homemade pie too. Just feeling kind of bummed even though I feel so much better now. Sometimes I just have to feel sorry for myself. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do 2 more later today. She is now snoring right beside me. Here's the food plan for the day B 1/3 c earnest eats hot cereal and 1 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup (leftovers) L 3/4 c cheesy broccoli soup D 4 oz pinwheel steakS if needed 3 peanut butter crackers. Have a great day full of smart choices!

momyshaver
on 10/20/19 7:55 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I feel you on the food envy. I am not sure if it is quite FOMO (Fear of missing out), because like you, I realize how much better life is not being weighed down with morbid obesity. Yet, I still smell the sugar and other yummy things. I see people eating massive quantities of foods that I used to eat seemingly without a care in the world, (even though I know better). I am glad that you can acknowledge it for what it is. Non scale victory!

MadisonRose
on 10/20/19 6:55 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! Thank god the scale is finally starting to move again! Seemed like it was stuck for an eternity. No plans today other than lunch with a friend. Yesterday was gloomy out so I stayed in all day and watched football and movies...oh and worked on my clogged bath tub drain because it was driving me crazy. Finally got it unclogged!

QOTD: I have entirely too much on my keychain. My car key, house key, work key, keys to my parents house, all my grocery store cards, pharmacy cards, an old library card from when I lived in another state, a gym membership card from years ago that I'm no longer a member of, oh and an odd key that I don't remember what it goes to. So yeah, I really need to clean up my keychain! Lol

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda and sugar free creamer

L: Going out so most likely soup and salad

D: Not sure yet?

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/21/19 3:48 am

Not sure if you know, but most stores membership numbers you can put on an app of a phone. There are few of them, and that really helps. I don't trust my CC to them yet, but maybe one day.

One of the apps for memberships is "key ring". Very useful one. I almost never ever go without my phone.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Greateight
on 10/20/19 8:05 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I did a local 5-K this morning. It was hilly and my times about 3 1/2 minutes slower than the one I did last week. I don't know if it was because of the hills, I was tired from 20.2 yesterday, or that I ran fast last time because it was raining and I wanted to be dry. Anyways, its done.

Other than that, I have to do some work to get ready for the week. I have hockey tickets for tonight, but can't go unless I finish my work.

QOTD: Car key and house key. For long periods (years at a time) I have gone without having a house key. I finally got one and put it on my chain because it felt awkward not to have a key to my own house.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Hamburger

snack; Light and fit

Dinner: bratwurst

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

momyshaver
on 10/20/19 8:09 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Good Morning OH Friends.

Accountability - still need to get a handle on the night time eating. I take responsibility for not planning bariatric appropriate meals and snacks for myself. I will do better by finding a plan that works for my situation and putting it in place.

On plan for vitamins and fluids, (I think)

Today has been coffee with miralax, vitamins,

B1 - Strawberries with the kids

Unsure of meals later. I have a lot of things from the Farmer's Market to prepare. I think I will do some pre week meal prepping and toss some sweet potatoes in the crockpot, Instantpot some medium boiled eggs, and prepare some sweet peppers by washing and cutting into strips and cook up some eggplant with tomatoes, onions and garlic to serve with some sort of protein. I have vegetarian meat alternatives, ground meat, fish and chicken available in the freezer for protein for meals so it will likely be whatever the kids get excited for around those ingredients.

I hope everyone is preparing to have a great week full of conscious, healthy choices where ever you are. Make it count

catwoman7
on 10/20/19 8:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All! (it's night here in India...)

we're leaving in the morning to go to Mussoorie. The yoga part of this trip is over. It was fun, but I'm glad we're moving on. I'm ready to go. We go back to Delhi on Friday and then fly back to the U.S. on Sunday. I'll probably be ready to go home by then.

I've been eating mostly vegetarian food since we got here over two weeks ago - and ONLY vegetarian food for the last week. I'm going to try to continue it once I get home - if I can hit my protein goals, that is. I really like eating this way, although it's been a challenge to get all my protein without going over my calorie range (I've mentioned this before, but i malabsorb protein - if I don't average 100 grams or more on most days, my prealbumin level tanks). But...we'll see.

I've also decided to wait a week after I get back to weigh myself. I'm seriously afraid to step on the scale. But maybe after a week of being back in my routine, my weight will be back to where it was before I left - or only a couple of pounds higher (I hope....). I can deal with a couple of pounds. More than that...ugh.

we're on the road tomorrow starting at 10:00 a.m., so I'm not sure what we'll be eating, other than the breakfast here, since it's the same thing every day. So:

B: fresh fruit and plain yogurt, chai tea, coffee

MS: protein shake

L: ??

D: ??

have a great rest of the day, all!

White Dove
on 10/20/19 1:46 pm - Warren, OH

Being afraid of the scale is what got me to weight loss surgery. I will face it no matter what. And if the weight goes up, I will know when it is off again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

momyshaver
on 10/22/19 5:13 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Please don't be afraid of the scale. It is just a tool, just like your surgery. Note the information and just follow your plan. You will be ok. Denial and fear can be far more dangerous to our long term outcomes. I weigh every morning. Even if my head was in the fridge at 3 a.m. (That is when I REALLY NEED to see it, lol****ep it in perspective, though. It is just information. It can't hurt me but maybe it can help me. It is just how you react or go forward that makes the difference.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views