What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/3/19 2:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! I really hate daylight savings time! My body is it's own clock... I am completely regimented and wake up without an alarm on my own, so it really messes with me when I have to slip into a new schedule. Not that I am complaining about getting an hour back..I just don't like how we get it!

OOMPH, I realized that I let my 11 year surgiversary pass last week without realizing it. Thank you Facebook memories, lol! Here's my Obligatory Before & After. 11 years gives a lot more wrinkles, but I am happier!

Accountability: Still having a hard time getting all the way back on track and detoxed from the sugar monster but every day has been better than the day before, so I am getting there.

QOTD: What will you do with your extra hour today? The CDC says we shoud use it to nap and not feel guilty, and who am I to argue with the CDC???

Argh--MyFitnessPal is using their extra hour for maintenance, apparently, and the site is down. I will post yesterday's menu again, and try really following it to a T today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 11/3/19 4:35 am - Warren, OH

I worked with the same company and people for thirty years. I remember one day looking at some of the cute youong "girls" and realized that they had morphed into stunningly beautiful women right before my eyes. When you see a person everyday, you don't consciously see those changes.

Seeing your two pictures brought back that feeling. You have gone from a cute girl to a polished and beautiful woman. Congratulations on the anniversary.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/3/19 4:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I forgot we were back on standard time - I woke up at my usual 6:00 a.m. and realized it was just 5:00 a.m. (the coffee not being ready was my first clue...(DH evidently changed the time on the coffeemaker before he went to bed last night - but forgot the bedside clock radio)). Oh well - better going that way than the other way! But I hate it getting dark earlier in the evening!!!

I had to take my mom to a wedding dinner/reception last night (she won't drive after dark anymore). (I had) no drinks - no appetizers - and they had a taco bar as the dinner, which ordinarily would be easy for a WLS patient to manage. I skipped the tortilla and had a scoop of shredded chicken (maybe 3 oz), about 1/4 cup of beans, and piled my plate high with lettuce and tomatoes. But between the sour cream and the piece of wedding cake (although it wasn't huge), I managed to go over my calorie range again. Ugh. I'm really buckling down today. I want to get back to under 150 again, and it's not going to happen if I keep eating the way I'm eating....

this afternoon we have a hair appt (she cuts DH's while the color is setting in mine), then I'll go to a 5:30 yoga class. Otherwise, I may just do some lying around today. I'm feeling exhausted.

QOTD: the aforementioned lying around! Or else watch the movie for our film discussion group, which meets next Friday.

4 years 5 months out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt, cooked apples, and SF syrup, coffee with half & half

MS: L&F yogurt. Or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip

L: salad with diced turkey and light dressing

AS: protein shake

D: a cup of dal. And maybe another salad

ex: yoga

have a great Sunday, all!

Greateight
on 11/3/19 4:52 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, JB and everybody!

Yesterday was a good day. All four of us went downtown to the chili cook-off. We only got to try about 5 of the 14 chilis, but between this year and previous years, I think that we have hit most of them. All of us agreed that the best chili was this upscale burger place that we go to occasionally. They had an avocado sour cream that was really good.

Then, last night Marilyn went to a party for tennis and I had a glorious night os watching football and hockey and reading the paper while wrapped up in a blanket. So warm and comfortable.

This morning, I am doing a 5-K. It's a hot Cider theme, and every finisher gets a mug. I definitely want my mug for coffee, but cider seems like an awful lot of sugar at once. Marilyn has gone from running, to walking, to "I'll see you when you get back"

Tonight, I am flying to Orlando for three days. For the most part I won't leave the hotel/conference facility the entire time that I am down there. But I am going to dinner with friends on Tuesday night.

QOTD: Napping sounds perfect.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Snack: something at the race

lunch: hamburger

snack: cheese

Dinner: something at airport lounge

Have a great day, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

karenp8
on 11/3/19 5:08 am - Brighton, IL

Happy surgiversary,JB. Miss Lily and I enjoyed it being not quite so dark this am when we walked but will have to be sure to walk as soon as work is done to have daylight in the evening. She doesn't really mind walking in the dark though. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 121.4 today. QOTD use it to unload supplies from 5 trucks at the warehouse on my day off. Yes I'm a little bit crazy. Here's the food plan for the day B 2 protein waffles with sugar free syrup L 4 oz crab salad D 4 oz baked chicken thigh S if needed 3 peanut butter crackers. Have a wonderful Sunday and make some smart and healthy choices!

Maddymoe2
on 11/3/19 6:53 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. I despise daylight savings time. I woke up at 2:20 and was trying to figure out what time it actually was. Doing math in the middle of the night is not my strong point!

JB- Congrats on 11 years! You have done very well. I think you are beautiful.

QOTD- laundry! I haven't done any all week and I have 2 hampers full.

Has anyone tried the cauliflower tabouli from Trader Joes?? I really like it. It is crunchy and with lots of flavor.

Food for today-

Low carb wrap, 1 light laughing cow cheese, 2 oz cranberry sage turkey breast, 1/4 c. cauli tabouli

chicken kale motz burger with 2 T. Tazaki

Baked halibut, asparagus

Just 2 yogurt that I need to eat before it goes bad.

Lots of water and hot tea!

MadisonRose
on 11/3/19 7:25 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! Well my best friend had her baby yesterday! Little Mia Lynne was born at 3:31 yesterday afternoon and weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces. Isn't she just the cutest baby?

QOTD: I slept in this morning and then woke up puzzles by the time on my phone because I forgot we fell back an hour. Lol

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda and sugar free creamer

L: L&F yogurt with granola and banana

D: another premier or protein bar

Probably gonna be coffee all day today because I'm cold! Lol. I also don't get hungry as much when I drink it.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Greateight
on 11/3/19 8:28 am
RNY on 08/29/18

What a little cutie!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 11/3/19 12:00 pm - Warren, OH

Aww..how beautiful

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 11/4/19 1:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi, Peanut!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?