18 years out with eating issues

Linda Habay
on 2/5/20 7:58 pm - Santa Maria, CA

It's been a Long time since I've been in here. I had my ups and back downs to my happy weight of 162. Now my problem is food bored me and, I don't feel good after I eat . The food boring me could be that I am professional chef. But the feeling of being wiped and very uncomfortable stomach feeling. The water intake not so good. Tea on the other hand gallons. Any other old timers with food issues

alaskasusan
on 2/5/20 8:15 pm - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

7 years out...food used to really matter and I still like what I eat but it's not that important anymore. But being a chef - what a different perspective you have to have. I just eat very little these days and am very VERY active. Weight lifting changed my life and at 64 you would hardly believe my age. Amazing how much our bodies can give on very little fuel. I love this new life, I so hope you can be more active, it's changed my life at least as much as the surgery.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/6/20 6:34 am

As a chef you know it's time to start challenging your recipes.

I often get set in cooking prepping the same food all the time. Then I wake up and I challenge myself finding new tastes, new dishes to prepare.

Too much tea may cause digestive issues. Tea is full of tannins and that may stop digestion, acid release. Trying different teas like different flavors green teas, or herbal teas, like ginger, can not only help digestion but also brings back some appetite and get you out of food boredom.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lauren010110
on 2/6/20 10:34 am - Victorville, CA

I second HALA's comment! Is there a friend you can coordinate with for any new ideas, flavor combos that can get you excited again?

JulianaBella
on 2/18/20 5:51 pm

Hi Linda, I showed up today after almost 9 years of inactivity myself!

I do find myself bored with food at times and I do not cook anything besides scrambled eggs. I eat everything I shouldn't and when I am foodbored I go out to eat or order takeout. I still have so much restriction with regard to my portion size so pretty much any regular portion of food equals 2 to 3 meals for me.

I do not have any food that makes me feel bad after I have eaten it since having the RNY except for one, and it is a goodie, fettuccine alfredo. I would maybe be OK with it from a gastrointestinal standpoint if I could stop eating after a bite or two, but my love of it allows me to overcome the horrible memories of what will follow after indulging in this fat laden treat. And I always regret it later. But I eat and drink everything else and feel fine. I drink diet sodas and sparkling water, as well. I also have desserts daily. I will buy a cake, get it good and cold and then cut it into lots of little pieces so I have many desserts. This is one way I stay not bored. I need to lose 7lbs to get back to my goal so I am currently eating cake every other day.

JulianaBella        
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?