What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/10/20 2:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Monday, Gang! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty much perfect! I got to spend time relaxing, socializing, eating and prepping for the week. I love that balance. I definitely should have done my taxes, but... that will be next week's problem. As for this weekend, it felt like it was more than 2 days, which is always a bonus :)

I stayed up late to watch the first few hours of the Oscars, and was very satisfied to wake up and see that Parasite was the winner! I loved the fashion, too! Some of the dresses were incredible. Why don't I look like Natalie Portman?...sigh... And I hate to sound like an old out-of-touch biddy, but why did Billie Eilish end up on all of the best dressed lists? She looked like the people who wear pajamas to Walmart.

Accountability: Really good! I definitely feel satisfied on WW so far and like that I can grab a zero point food to satisfy me if I am hungry without feeling guilty. I stuck to my plan perfectly yesterday and exercised, too.

QOTD: If you were nominated for an Oscar who would you take as your date on the Red Carpet? I love Grim, but he would not appreciate the circus that is the red carpet, and he would hate having to wear a fussy tux and real shoes, so he can come with me to a more casual after-party and I would probably bring my Mom to the actual event... She would love being dressed up and even though I am sure she wouldn't know who 99% of the people are, she would be so excited for the ones she did recognize :)

I am trying oatmeal for breakfast this morning... I haven't had oatmeal in over 10 years since before lap-band surgery, but if super-skinny Karen can have it every day, I know it can work, right? ;)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 2/10/20 3:08 am - Warren, OH

I love grapefruit but always had to do something to sweeten it. I discovered Del Monte Red Grapefruit - No sugar added and think it is a delicious zero point treat right out of the jar.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 2/10/20 3:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

When I was in HS I used to use a 1/2 grapefruit like a sugar delivery system. I would cut the grapefruit in half, put it in a bowl, and literally dump a full cup of sugar on top until it made this thick grapefruit-sugar slush. Repeat for the second half.

The saddest part is that I thought I was being soooo healthy by eating an entire grapefruit every day.

MadisonRose
on 2/10/20 3:38 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! Ugh Monday! I have been on point with keeping under my calorie limit for the past wee****il yesterday that is. I went with a friend to Olive Garden for lunch yesterday and had soup and salad, but I chose the soup with the most calories because I haven't had it in so long. I also had one breadstick. I told myself I was gonna skip diner since I already consumed my calorie limit for the day and because I was so stuffed. Well later that evening I got a little hungry and the bag of kettle corn popcorn that my coworker got me hooked on was calling my name. So I convinced myself that the whole day of trying to at healthy had pretty much gone out the window so might as well top it off with some popcorn right? Ugh!!! The things we do to ourselves. Well this is a whole new week and it's back to eating healthy!

QOTD: I would probably take my best friend. I know her and I would have a blast!

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: ever roast chicken breast and cheese roll up.

D: Either leftover salad or steak and veggies

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 2/10/20 5:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

the soup and the one breadstick probably would have been OK - not on plan and higher calories than usual, but not a disaster. I've done that kind of thing myself, and as long it's just an occasional thing, not a lot of harm done. I try to have something light like deli turkey or a thing of L&F yogurt for dinner when I have days like that. Note I said "try". Because yes - I've definitely had days when I've completely blown the whole day!! Anyway, back to it today!!

Queen JB
on 2/10/20 10:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Aw, don't be so hard on yourself!

I hope you don't get into the same negative self-talk cycle that I found myself in. I'm trying to be a little kinder to myself. I hope you can be, too! We are all in recovery...one day at a time, right?

Au_Contraire
on 2/10/20 11:18 am

"We are all in recovery" - good way to put it. Sobering point of view, too.

Emiepie
on 2/10/20 3:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! That meme is hilarious! I mimic those moves when my jeans are fresh out of the dryer. I'm glad you had a nice weekend- mine seemed to fly by. My hair appt was good but since it was time for color it took about 3 hours so that's a large chunk of Saturday. I have a packed work agenda the next few weeks so I think the days will go by quickly.

Accountability: A good weekend.

QOTD: I think I'd take John and Em with me.

TSS: 5 years 5 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: RGF breakfast sandwich and carbmaster yogurt

D: BBQ Bacon turkey burger, green beans, sliced fruit, 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1538 Protein: 140 Carbs: 101 Fat:68

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 2/10/20 10:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You menus always look so much yummier than mine, and I would be tempted to copy them exactly except that I have no intention of exercising as much, hahah... So...nope! I'll just drool from over here.

Emiepie
on 2/10/20 12:16 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I often wonder if my menu seems boring to others.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics