What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/11/20 2:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It's Taco Tuesday! How are we celebrating? If I have the energy/ambition tonight, I might come home and make some fish tacos. I have the Tilapia thawing in the fridge... but realistically, I think it is going to be a long, busy, hard day, so I decided to plan for me be exhausted and I will surprise myself if I end up with the energy to cook.

BTW if you all want to feel better about yourselves--just imagine what greedy little adventures my cats have been getting into. They are forever jumping onto the counter (not allowed) and pushing things to the floor to try to eat. Last night, they got into an "Advent Calendar for Cats" that my friend brought them this weekend. A little treat behind each door... This morning, it was at the bottom of the stairs and torn to shreds. Luckily the people who made it must know cats and no treats were harmed. But dude--who hasn't been there?? Desperatly trying to open a bag of chips that won't tear in the middle of the night...? My poor fat cats.

Pics for cat tax:

Accountability: Woohoo. A perfect day, except that I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat any of the snacks (fruits or veggies) that I packed. Lots of wasted food.

QOTD: Do you chew gum? I hadn't chewed a piece of gum in many years but I recently started chewing Spearmint gum at work. I find that after chewing a piece, the idea of eating a mozzarella stick or an apple is really off putting... So I think it might help me turn down on the snacking. I just bought a bulk order on Amazon, lol.

I'm trying a new way to post my menu--the website list was too long to get in one picture, so this view will show the total points for the meal but not the individual foods. But since so few people here are counting points anyway, I figured it didn't matter... I'm just not sure if you can read the food well enough for each meal?

Gym this morning as part of my: "go to the gym before work at least 2-3 times a week: routine.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 2/11/20 3:44 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Well on the bright side we are one day closer to Friday.

QOTD: Yes, I chew lots and lots of gum! I chew sugar free spearmint gum everyday at work. When I think I'm hungry or have a craving for something sweet I will chew a piece of gum. It actually really helps to curb my appetite! And I need it at my job because my coworkers are ALWAYS snacking on something. Popcorn, candy, chips you name it! Yesterday one of my coworkers brought doughnut holes for everyone. I was like kill me now! So I popped some gum while they were all munching away on those heavenly little treats. I swear I go through a pack of gum a day. I have issues.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: ever roast chicken breast and cheese roll up

D: the leftover steak and veggies I did not eat yesterday.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 2/11/20 5:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

hey - if the gum works, then go for it!!!

Teenie
on 2/11/20 7:42 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Those are not treats they are little demon balls. Don't get the 2 mixed up.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 2/11/20 10:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I have a very snack-ish office, too. It's tough to navigate... My boss likes to show love with food--she gets customized snacks for us. I said "no thanks"...! I am not open about surgery at all here so it is hard for people to support.

White Dove
on 2/11/20 4:42 am - Warren, OH

How do you get that view? I would like to do that too.

My friend woke up in the middle of the night and heard a lot of noise downstairs. She lives alone and thought someone had broken in. Her fat kitty had managed to get the lid off the jar of treats and then stuck her head inside the jar and could not get the jar off her head.

It was funny in a way, but could have killed the cat if no one had been there to rescue her. It was the super-sized jar of Temptations.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 2/11/20 5:10 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I got that view from the iPad app!

White Dove
on 2/11/20 5:12 am - Warren, OH

I am going to have to break down and finally get an iPad.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/11/20 7:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You can just take a screen shot of the menu WW shows. BUT I LOVE my iPad. The first one I bought was for my son. I borrowed it to do some shopping online and I was hooked. I still love that and watching shows on it. I download movies/shows to watch on the plane.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 2/11/20 4:36 pm - Warren, OH

I went with Kindle when it came out and am on my fourth or fifth one. It does most of what an iPad does. I bought it because I wanted an easy way to download and read books.

Now I use it for TV shows and movies.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 225 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?