What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/2/20 1:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yeah, I have those glasses and definitely was wearing them yesterday... terrible day for accountability, but a fun weekend, nonetheless! Gotta make this super quick--I have to be at my furthest away school for a meeting at 7:30am. It usually takes me about 2 hours each way :(

QOTD: Are you a better cook or baker? I'm a pretty great baker, but I am not a great cook. I can follow directions on a recipe well, but I am not good at figuring out how to substitute ingredients and never have an inkling about how long to cook something. I often overcook meat.

I saw these new egg bites in the grocery store this weekend! I'll report back tomorrow :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 3/2/20 3:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Monday!! That relish on your menu sounds yum! Do you like the lavash? We had a nice relaxing weekend and even went skating for a bit last night as a family. Looking forward to my days my off this week but that means today and tomorrow are busy with meetings and calls.

Good news with John's boss! They think he might be out of ICU by Wednesday.

Accountability: A few extra snacks over the weekend but nothing off the deep end.

QOTD: Without a doubt a baker.

TSS: 5 years 6 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Chaffle and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Shredded beef in cheese "bowl" (thanks for the idea from last weeks thread) with salsa and sour cream, sliced fruit, 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1533 Protein: 147 Carbs: 106 Fat:66

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 3/2/20 7:03 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Great News on the boss so glad he turned the corner. Power of prayer I am sure.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 3/2/20 7:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Love the Lavash and the cranberry relish is great on it. The rest of the cranberry relishes in the market have 4-5 points a serving, but this one is much lower sugar so much lower points.

I'm so thankful to hear about John's boss!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 3/2/20 11:58 am - Amarillo, TX

Glad to hear that his boss is doing better!

mmsmom
on 3/2/20 4:51 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning,

Happy Monday. So happy it's March - and they are calling for 50-60 degrees two days this week. yay.

QOTD: I am a pretty good cook- and love to bake. We eat very little take out and I cook "real" meals most nights. Way too much work, but it's just what I do.

B: pita with 4 oz cottage cheese

S: 2 oz ham

L: small can italian tuna, flavor bomb tomatoes (from Wegman's - they are amazing), onion and pickle (my father used to make this); pita pocket

S: banana

D: trying a WW recipe for Mexican chicken - it includes black beans, corn, zucchini, chicken, canned tomatoes and a bunch of southwest spices. It sounds yummy and relatively easy

S: Good plants lemon almond yogurt

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/2/20 4:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Today I have a friend visiting so I am not sure what is on the agenda. It is a 3 day visit so I am trying to be careful with food. If I don't gain I'll be happy.

QOTD: I actually am a pretty good cook and baker but I don't really enjoy doing either. DH used to do all the cooking until his dementia got too advanced because he enjoyed it and DS is a chef. I especially love eating out, then having leftovers ;)

TSS: 3 years, 11 months

B: coffee, WW Zero point egg and banana pancake - I had it yesterday and it was really good.

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Out so probably some sort of fish

S: ??? (Don't know where I'll be or what I will be doing)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 3/2/20 5:07 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Miss Lily and I have our 3.6 miles in and will do more later. Had to start out in the dark as hubby and I have early doctor appointments. QOTD a better Baker. Accountability was perfect for food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.8. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 2 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup D marinated pork chops. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices!

Greateight
on 3/2/20 5:09 am, edited 3/1/20 9:10 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

We had a nice trip to Colorado. I think that my son feels more comfortable with navigating around the school now that he has been twice. We flew out Thursday night and just had dinner and an early night. Friday, we went on a school tour and then a second tour of the different labs that were available to the students (robotics, metalworking, etc.). He was supposed to visit a classroom but that class was cancelled. I don't think that was a huge deal because he sat in for a class at his sister's college.

We had lunch on campus, and then went to the bookstore and bought T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. for the family. While my son napped I was able to slog through Bert in the hotel gym. It felt good to finish, but I think that my time could have been measured with a sun dial. Also, i accidentally ran an extra 400. Friday evening, we went into Golden for dinner and went to the fly fishing store to get our waders, etc. fitted for Saturday. It's such a treat not to have to worry if they have a big enough size on things like that.

Saturday was our fishing day. The guide was great and gave my son a lot of advice about living in the area, fishing, skiing, mountains, etc. i didn't catch anything, but my son did catch a nice rainbow trout, I will post pictures on Friday. Saturday night we went back to Golden for dinner and crashed.

QOTD: I can't say I am great at either, but I guess I would say cooking. I don't think that I have ever baked anything.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: chicken

Snack: nuts

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 3/2/20 7:19 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

What a nice NSV not having to worry about size. I remember squeezing into a wet suit at 300lbs and it having a tear in the thigh where my fat was just sticking out the hole. I ended up Chaffed so bad it was bleeding. Never Again.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views