What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/11/20 1:43 am, edited 3/11/20 1:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! Thanks for your encouragement yesterday. I am over it. I woke up at 3am again today but today it was just normal work stress... yay?

LOOK WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY! Chrissy (Teenie) Sent me this awesome Baby Yoda drink cozy that her hubby crocheted! Its amazing and totally put a smile on my face! THANK YOU!

Accountability: Good. Another small pouch day... I wish I could bottle those days, or at least predict them.

QOTD: On a scale of 1 - 10 (1 = not paying attention at all - 10 = super obsessed) how are you feeling about the Coronavirus Threat? I'd give myself about an 8. Massachusetts has the number of cases doubling every day, we are officially in a State of Emergency, and local colleges here are sending kids home and telling them not to come back for awhile. And it feels like every 5 minutes there is a new update from Boston Public Schools with new guidance. So, I go back and forth between feeling like I am too worried, or not worried enough.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 3/11/20 3:34 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! I am exhausted. This staying late at work has really thrown me off schedule. At least it's only two more days. I was happy with my eating yesterday. Now the scale just needs to start moving again in the right direction! My stomach has been killing me. Aside from the normal menstrual cramps I think my fibroids are acting up again. Been having sharp pains in my abdomen. Ugh!

QOTD: I'd say a 5 or 6 right now. I mean I'm obsessed with reading about it and keeping up with it daily, but not real worried yet. That could change soon though as the numbers keep increasing in my state, but they are nowhere near what they are in other places. Certain aspects of it worry me though.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

S: L&F yogurt w/banana

L: salad

S: some almonds

D: salmon and broccoli

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/11/20 3:35 am, edited 3/10/20 8:37 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am tired! Justice has had a somewhat upset digestive system the last few days. He seems to be getting back to normal, but his eating/going out schedule has been a bit off. Last night he had me up twice in the middle of the night and up for the day at 5:40 am (I usually get up at 6:30 these days). Very unusual for him, so hopefully he is back to normal by tonight.

QOTD: I am getting to a 7, which is pretty high for me. I am not an anxious person by nature. I thought that everything would get easier over this coming year following the extreme anxiety during DH's crises the last few weeks before he died in early January. But now this! I am concerned about so many things ranging from fear that I or someone else could catch it and give it to someone who dies. I am concerned about family members and friends who already have compromised health. I am concerned about the implications of wide ranging quarantines, closing of social venues, and economic impacts.

TSS: 3 years, 11 months

B: coffee, WW zero point pancake

L: Everroast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: shrimp, veggies

S: yogurt and strawberry compote, WW zero point banana pie and/or WW one point muffin and blueberries

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 3/11/20 3:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I'm starting to feel a little bit caught up from my days off but now I need to work on some pretty detailed excel reports (bring on the "excel eyes".

Accountability: Meh, not horrible but a handful of nuts and some protein puffs happened before bed.

QOTD: I am paying attention but feel a little like I'm not as worried about it as I should be?? I remember some of the other pandemic(?) illnesses but don't remember so many things being cancelled or sports being played without spectators and things like that.

TSS: 5 years 7 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Jimmy Dean turkey sausage scramble, 1/2 Mikey's English muffin and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Shredded beef bowl with salsa/cheese/sour cream/lettuce, low carb tortilla "chips"

From air fryer, sliced fruit, 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1488 Protein: 154 Carbs: 119 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 3/11/20 3:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning JB, glad you are back to the normal levels of stress and not sleeping vs the tension/stress not sleeping. My grandpa always told me that as you get older you need less sleep (this was when he was in his 70s)....in my 40s is what I'm finding is I might need the same amount of sleep, I just get less of it. I'm tired this week, lol.

QOTD - I'd give myself a 5. I am paying attention but not anxious. Colorado is under a state of emergency as well, but it seems to be more proactive than reactive as far as I can tell. My county govt is having a virtual town hall tonight and I am going to check it out so I know what our protocols are.

I am watching what different companies are doing, fortunately my teams can all be remote with no work/performance issues but we've had some strong resistance to that in other areas of the company; this might force this all to change -- progress comes from stressors sometimes. I have heard about all the colleges closing -- I could not have "gone home" in a situation like this and I wonder what students will be doing in these cases; I hope the schools are helping them figure it out.

Menu today is

Coffee & half and half X3

B - carbmaster cottage cheese, 3 oz ever roast deli chicken

L - 4 oz left over Italian beef roast

D - Real good foods poppers

S - L&F greek

99 protein/848 calories/24 carbs

Ex - elliptical

Have a great day all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 3/11/20 5:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ack, yeah... I need to call my niece & nephew tonight and see what their college is saying about canceling class. Their dad and new stepmom have 9 kids between them, but only have a house big enough for themselves, so if the college and adult kids come home to visit they are on the couch. Plus, both kids have jobs in Illinois to pay for school...how will this all work??

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 3/11/20 4:07 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Still dark here so no walk yet but Miss Lily and I will take a short stroll before work . Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2. I actually got in 3 30 minute walks yesterday. QOTD about a 2 or 3. I try to be careful and wash my hands but stay away from the news as I think it worsens the panic. Spent the day yesterday crawling around on my hands and knees removing baseboards,pulling out nails and helping repair flooring that had been incorrectly applied. Could not have done any of this before my surgery! It reminds me just how blessed I am to get a second chance at life! Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chicken noodle soup D 4 oz cheddar brats no bun. Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices everyone!

Greateight
on 3/11/20 6:47 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Karen - have you renewed your IL license this year? I was at DMV for 3 1/4 hours on Friday. I have heard some people as much as 5 1/2at the DMV.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 3/11/20 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Took me less than 20 Minutes to get a real ID at the DMV on a Saturday Morning. I will be flying out October 1 for OH conference so I wanted to be ready. I have a feeling that flying that day is going to be a nightmare with or without real ID. However sounds like the government is not prepared and some states haven't even issued them yet so maybe they will bump it back to a later date.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

mmsmom
on 3/11/20 7:20 am - Woburn, MA

If you have a passport, you don't need the real ID

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?