What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

karenp8
on 3/23/20 4:19 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! No rain in the forecast for the day so Miss Lily and I should get in a lunch walk and a nice long walk after work too. Accountability was nearly perfect except for a handful of cashews at bedtime. We got 2 walks in even with the rain. Weight is 120.6 today. QOTD got some reading and knitting done. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 chicken chili D 4 oz Italian sausage no bun. Stay away from the nuts,Karen! Have a great day full of good choices everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/23/20 4:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Monday is just another day to pass the time now, though DD will be WFH today. She has a meeting at 9 to discuss the lack of work. She is in insurance and people are not driving and the weather has been relatively calm so homes haven't been getting damaged.

QOTD:

• I am glad that I can spend time with DD
  • It is good to get some deep cleaning done: porch cushions yesterday and blinds/windows this week - we will probably do one room per day.
  • I feel good about my food choices and am glad I was already on this path before this started or I would probably be gaining instead of losing weight.
  • I am glad that DH isn't alive for this. I have caretaker friends and it is so hard for them. One has a wife in hospice at her long-term care center and he is not able to be with her. It is possible he will not see her again.

TSS: 3 years, 11.75 months

B: Coffee! WW zero point pancake

L: Sliced Ever Roast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover WW 1 point bolognese and cauliflower rice

S: blueberry lemon pie, yogurt with strawberry compote, and/or WW 1 point muffin with blueberry compote, almonds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

supershopper
on 3/23/20 4:35 am, edited 3/22/20 9:36 pm

haah yes this is the truth- this weekend was pretty productive. we were able to leave Saturday for a few select errands, 1 being to the overstock store and I got seeds for the garden which I have yet to work on. it started raining last night and now everything in the yard is flooded- good think I have not started hahaa--- uggg we have to get a handle on this and it is going to cost $$$. and our FEMA flood policy instated so we don't lose the house from said flood... Also filled the census but have yet to get motivated work out from home. not sure what that is about.

yesterday I did air fryer mixed veggies to add to salads and a roast in IP for us last night- turned out really good.

accountability: too many almonds and dark chocolate. and I tried a cookie I made for DH yesterday morning.

QOTD:

I'm thankful for the extra face time with DH being here and the puppies

I'm thankful for everything that I need at the moment

I'm happy to be healthy even though when I cough in the morning when I wake up I freak out a little

OH- edting to say I got an OFFICE chair yesterday- from 1 person/not a store-he loaded into car and it was easy (facebook liquidation person-local)

food plan today

coffee

water fancied up with vit c, and electrolytes and b12

more coffee

breakfast of eggs/ 1/2 of a bagel thin?

lunch big old salad with cooked veggies and some sort of meat- TBD

some snack-TBD

seafood? for dinner maybe ahi tuna and cheese grits for DH/ veggies for me

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teenie
on 3/23/20 1:49 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Cheese grits was a go to side for me pre surgery. I used tons of butter evaporated milk eggs and hoffman's cheddar cheese wow i can remember like it was yesterday Yum

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 3/23/20 4:48 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

It's a winter wonderland here in Chicagoland. Yesterday Marilyn went out and raked up some of the leaves that fell after our final cleaning last fall, and as she was finishing up, it started to snow. We ended up getting about three inches yesterday afternoon and over night. Although I am freezing, its actually quite beautiful with all of the tree branches, etc. covered in white.

I got up this morning about 5:00 and went downstairs to find my youngest still up and gaming from last night. And my older son just sent a text to make sure that we made sure he was up and doing homework by 1:00. He actually intends to be up at the crack of 12:00, but just not doing homework for the first hour.

Today I have one important call, and a few unimportant ones. Other than that, exercise, reading and I need to order a replacement part for our pressure washer. I am thinking that i may build a Pylo Box this weekend if I can think of a good place to store it. If we have a warming trend I may start scraping my back wall.

QOTD: No political ads on TV.

Breakfast: Sausage

Snack: Peanut butter toast

lunch: chicken

snack: Orange

Dinner: Tenderloin

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 3/23/20 5:31 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

Wow, this was one weird weekend all cooped up, in a manner of speaking. Although we have the shelter-in orders, we can go out for necessities and exercise...but still the weekend was weird. Our weekends are always so jam packed with stuff to do that the last two days felt like blah. We did the exercise part, we as in DH & I - because DS is really committed to social distancing and not leaving his room. In fact with this new situation I feel like I need to be more of a barrier between the two guys at home. DH is super active and always on the go, wanting to do something. DS has been the opposite for the last 1.5 years and with recent developments the two are butting heads even more often because they can't take a breather from each other.

My eating yesterday was horrible: I made fudge for DH and ate some of it. Then popcorn, and any other carb I could get my hands on. I try and keep it together but somehow somewhere it gets away from me and shows up in how I'm eating. I told my husband to not mention the numbers in Italy to me any more. During the weekend literally every hr or so from another room he would yell "wow, numbers are going up, have you seen that?" Finally told him those are not just numbers to me, my whole family and tons of friends are there...Ugh the stress.

QOTD: gotta find a silver lining, right? I'll get back on this. I'm usually a positive person but it's been getting harder and harder.

My meals today will be detox from my Sun carb load. Wish me luck.

Have a great week, everybody. I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 3/23/20 6:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Be kind to yourself Sheila! It's ok to not be in a great mood given everything that's going on; just do the best you can.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 3/23/20 7:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm so sorry your family is so far away during this time. Sending hugs your way.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/23/20 8:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow Sheila, those numbers truly are real especially for you. So sorry.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Dcgirl
on 3/23/20 3:10 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Sheila, I am so sorry. The news is devastating. I think it's FINALLY hitting home here in the US - it always seemed "theoretical" like "oh it's just people in X country" and now Americans are experiencing what you are - it's my son's tutor's dad or my daughter's music teacher's sister" and it's becoming real. You must be unbelievably stressed and scared. I am sorry your family and friends are living through the uncertainty and fear. Sending you a giant hug.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views